New Tahoe Q5i - First Impressions

robnecciai

Cadet
I finally got the chance to get to the lake and wet the boat last weekend. Since I used this forum quite a bit prior to making a purchase, I thought that I would share my first impressions.

First off, I purchased the Q5 from my local Bass Pro Shops. (I know, some advised against this but, so far the experience has been good). The sales and service people seem fairly knowledgeable and willing to help. I took advice from this forum and others and performed a careful, detailed inspection and asked many service and maintenance-related questions during delivery. There were a few items that BPS committed (in writing) to resolving: (1) Mooring Cover is on back-order - will be in in about 3 weeks - evidently, a shortage on blue canvas, (2) A few small blue dots were found on a few of the seats (service manager said that it i™s from a marker that they sometimes use at the factory (on the inside of the vinyl - bleeding through) - BPS is replacing the seats, (3) One small knick below the rear center seat - BPS will repair, (4) a few other fairly small things.

During delivery, my wife and I took our time and checked over everything - looking for blisters in the hull, hairline, cracks, etc. Did no™t really find anything. Checked all (or most) of the electronics, etc. No issues.

I parked the boat in my driveway for 4 days until the weekend. This gave me a chance to do some œprep of my own: wax on the hull, Aurora Bottom Coat, 303 on the seats, Boeshield T-9 on engine, etc.

This past Saturday, I finally got the chance to put it on the lake. Had 8 people (4 kids, 4 adults) for a while. Pulled wife and two kids around on tubes for a while. Overall, absolutely no issues. No leaks that I can tell, engine is very responsive and has plenty of power (I a™m observing break-in precautions), its fairly quiet, and I got many comments from other boaters about how nice it looks.

I probably only have about 4 to 6 hours on the boat but, so far, everything is going quite well. I hope my luck holds out.

PS: I have a few projects to complete and I will be sharing these on this forum: 2nd battery, SmartTabs, additional courtesy lighting, etc.

Attachments

• photo205158.jpg
    photo205158.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
Nice looking boat. My co-worker has a 2013 Q5 and it is a nice boat. Fast and quick. You will love it!

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer
Congrats on the new boat!! You will have lots of fun with it. We have had no issues whatsoever with our Q7i...it has been a great boat.

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Congrats Nice looking boat.. Is that Blue on the seats that vibrant in person or is that how the picture was captured. Really wanted Blue when I got mine, but could only find red ones that were in good shape.

robnecciai

Cadet
Congrats Nice looking boat.. Is that Blue on the seats that vibrant in person or is that how the picture was captured. Really wanted Blue when I got mine, but could only find red ones that were in good shape.
Thanks. I think the blue is pretty close to reality. It was just a photo taken with an iPhone. It looks ok but, I think I would prefer yellow, or something that stands out a little more. But, my wife didn't like the yellow. So, blue it is.