2014 Q4i SF

JJ_EOD

Recruit
Hello everyone. I'm Josh and new to the forum and I've got some questions about the Q4i SF that I'm hoping someone may have some insights on. I live near Destin,FL and I love to fish out here in the bay. I've been using a kayak and it has gotten really old because I want to get into the deeper waters and start pulling in bigger fish. I've recently ordered the Q4i SF because I've never actually owned a boat before ands out want to spend much money on something I may very well destroy (although I plan on taking immaculate care of it). My question is this: will the Q4i do well in the bay out here, or should it be used strictly as a lake boat? I haven't bought it yet, so is till have time to change my financing and everything to something bigger like the Q5 or something if I need to. But I'm hoping I won't have to do that. Thanks in advance, everyone. I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum, should I really get into boating!

dmtalon

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Its gonna be bumpy in waves. I've had mine out in the Chesapeake bay a couple times. Its usable, but don't plan on making any time if it's rough out. You can go pretty good WITH the waves, but against is another story.

Hell even on lakes/rivers your gonna get bounded around if there are other boats around. If it's purpose is strickly fishing / larger water vs. watersports / general boat it *might* make sense to get something with a deeper V.

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes - one of the advantages that i saw when looking at a Q5 vs other bowriders vs bassboat style fish/ski... is that the Q5 has a low bow getting much closer to a bassboat style vs say a 'big water' type deep v front with higher sidewalls.