New 2014 Q5i Just Ordered from Bass Pro

robnecciai

Cadet
The boat is being transferred from another store. Will be ready to pick up in 2 to 3 weeks. Bass Pro will be doing the dealer prep, etc. They are also installing the auto bilge switch. Since I'm kind of new to this, I thought I'd ask if there's anything I should be watching out for or anything else I should be asking about before I accept delivery.

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sweet! I really like the look of the new graphics on the Tahoe's.

Just make sure you take it out for a nice long trip one day with no water sports or splashes to doublecheck the water tightness of fittings/hoses/plugs. I had a small leak at my drain plug - that was hard to track down because there was always some water sports or splashing that through me off. Wasn't confirmed until i had an overnighter at a dock... lol.

We'll just say the bilge ran a bit in the morning :-/

along the bilge filling.... good call on the auto :) wish i had it -haha

Last edited:

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class
Also highly recommend picking up some Aerospace 303 UV protectant from amazon - (often can get gallons pretty cheap) it is great for protecting vinyl (non-greasy). Also works great for just quick wipe downs of metal and fiberglass as well! Havnt found an alternative! Meguiers is greasy/oily.... Bass Pro Vinyl isn't much better in the grease dept.

StarBrite non-slip deck cleaner is great for outside of hull and deck cleanup! helps remove any scuffs from docks (black gunk /streaks)

love the stuff! also works great for almost season long fix for too-tight wakeboard boots (if you don't want to mess around with soap type lube) just gives them a slight bit of slide.

Watch for water/gunk build up in livewell - i end up having to sponge it out every so often, and try to keep that seat cracked while in garage.

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class
oh , oh !

And recommend getting a good coat of engine protectant on it before it gets a little funky.... Seams in metal, areas around exhaust headers, and other connections are weak points IMO.

I like Boesheild T9 ? and some other light lubes.

robnecciai

Cadet
oh , oh ! And recommend getting a good coat of engine protectant on it before it gets a little funky.... Seams in metal, areas around exhaust headers, and other connections are weak points IMO. I like Boesheild T9 ? and some other light lubes.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm definitely going to have some "one-on-one" time to check for leaks. I, too, love the 303! Really great stuff - for autos too! I haven't thought about the engine protectant. I'll need to look into that. Thanks, again.