Tahoe Q6 2006 Owners Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chichane

Recruit
I just bought a used Tahoe Q6 Sport 2006, which looks good :joyous:... But I am looking for a pdf copy of the owners manual since no hard copy came with the boat.
Thank you for your help.

Tim in TN

Seaman
I bought that very same model new and all that came with it was the mercruiser operators manual. And it's not very helpful.

Chichane

Recruit
Many Thanks for your reply, mainly I want to understand the Dash/Console switch how they work ...

Tim in TN

Seaman
Any time I've had issue there I end up tracing wires and figuring it out as I go. Anything specific I might could help with?

Chichane

Recruit
Do you know what are all the switch for ? I only understand Bilge and light, How about the other ones ? Could you please send me an explanation for each switch.

Tim in TN

Seaman
Working from memory here so I might miss one.

Bilge you understand
Nav / anchor turns on the rear pole light and / or the front red/green light
master power kills power to all auxilary items like the radio and lighting
blower turns on the blower that supplies fresh air to the motor / bilge area
courtesy lights should be self explanatory

Hope this helps. If I've missed something let me know

Have you considered smart tabs yet? I installed them a couple of years ago and its the best thing I've done for this boat. Much better performance for my needs. Another thing that really helped was I added insulation to the under-seat cooler. Now it keeps ice all day. Before our drinks would be warm by mid afternoon.

Chichane

Recruit
Many Thanks for you valuable information, Actually i had my radio and lighting off and couldn't find where was the problem, now I think it came from the power switch if I am not mistaken.
Oh yes, for the smart tabs, i order a pair and waiting for it.
I only install a fish finder Garmin 500 C for the moment, also the insulation to the under-seat cooler is an excellent idea since i didn't even thought about it .. lol.
Thank you for the information and if i have any other blind spots I will come back to you. :)

Tim in TN

Seaman
I used foam board insulation from Lowes. I cut it to size for each side of the cooler and the bottom and glued it in place. Really works great.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Did you just use something like "liquid nails" to adhere it? I've got a Q6 that I'm buying and that sounds like an important upgrade! What thickness did you use?

Last edited:

Tim in TN

Seaman
Sorry it took me a while to answer. I was at Dale Hollow Lake all last week with no cell service and no internet. Loved it !!!
I used 3/4 inch thick insulating board and don't remember what adhesive I used. Probably an RTV type, doesn't take much to hold it in place.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks Tim! Just picked mine up last Thursday and hit the water this weekend. I'll be playing with the cooler to get it better insulated!

Status
Not open for further replies.