Tahoe Q4 FS question

AirMike

Recruit
Hello , I just bought a 2007 Tahoe Q4 FS with the 4.3 l TKS . My question is which one of the two batteries is the crank and which one is for the electric engine...I'm no mechanic but I suspect the previous owner after the winter has put them back in reversed. One is right next to the engine and the other one sits a little higher and a little more to the side of the boat . Can any other Q4 owner help me on that one, thanks a lot!!! Mike

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class
well they should be labeled accordingly - one should say 'Deep Cycle' somewhere on it that should have wires that go to the trolling motor wiring (thicker wires). The other should have some heavy fuses likely (on thick wires) and run to your engine.

AirMike

Recruit
I understand this but I do believe they were wrongly installed after being taken off by previous owner for the winter , I look at the set up now and it makes NO sense , that's why I wanted to check via the location of the batteries....the battery that says on it "crank battery" only has one wire on each pole and they look like theyre going to the front of the boat and the "deep cycle" has 3 large cable from each pole and they are going towards the back ...

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class
I would think if you do the half turn on your key it should give the test beep to you....

then disconnect your cranking battery... then test again, shouldn't beep.