New Q7i SF

Djfire07

Cadet
Thanks everyone for all of the information you post here. It helped me make my decision to buy this:

IMG_20140501_103326_183_zpsd5e2a2d9.jpg

I've read all of the negative posts on BPS/Tracker, but my first boat was a 1988 Bass Tracker that got extensive use fishing, skiing and tubing. I beat that thing to death and never had an issue. My experience with the BPS sales and service departments has been great so far (prep, transducers and Smart Tabs). I've had it out already and good news, it floats!! The 5.0 runs great and I haven't gone past 3/4 throttle yet (Well, maybe just a little ;)). I'm not at all disappointed with the fit/finish.

The storage seems a little awkward, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Now on to installing more lights and an auto bilge switch...

Tahoe Photos by djfire07 | Photobucket

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: New Q7i SF

Congrats!

Splashed mine for the first time this past Saturday.. Cannot wait to get back out there.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Sweet boat! Good job on getting the factory Bimini too...they are really a nice top. I kicked myself for not getting it at first however I went back and got a good deal on it a year or so later.

Last edited:

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good job on getting the factory Bimini too...they are really a nice top.

I agree.. I don't know how people do it without them, makes the water so much more enjoyable. The only thing I would like to change is the front straps (buzzing in the wind) that holds it down. I would like to replace them with two strut poles.

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class

if you twist the straps on all of them a few times before you clip them - the problem goes away :)

works perfectly for me that way.

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good Idea BoatDrinks I will try that next time.

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if you twist the straps on all of them a few times before you clip them - the problem goes away :)

works perfectly for me that way.

Thanks for the tip, this took care of the annoying flapping noise!

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

The only thing I would like to change is the front straps (buzzing in the wind) that holds it down. I would like to replace them with two strut poles.

Even with twisting, my straps continued to vibrate as I picked up speed so I replaced them with 3/16" nylon cords. Now, no buzzing or vibrating.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer
You also are supposed to have the top strapped down tight enough so you have to really pull down on the front of the bimini to get it clipped. If not you don't have them tight enough.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer
You also are supposed to have the top strapped down tight enough so you have to really pull down on the front of the bimini to get it clipped. If not you don't have them tight enough.

They were on there so tight I had to use brute force to clip them on the rings then it started to rip the bimini top at the seams. The cords are working out much better.