Q5i Ski Hatch "bumpers"

bruffcorn

Cadet
Hello,

I need a better idea for putting those lil' spongie bumpers on my ski hatch door. You know, those lil' bumper cushions that are used on the back-side of kitchen cabinet doors so the doors don't slam as hard & are more quiet.

I bought some little, round, clear colored "bumpers" that have a sticky backside. These did not hold. Next I tried the same bumpers but I used gorilla super glue and the bumpers still came loose.

Do you guys have these little bumpers on the underside of your ski hatch door? Is there another product that I should use? Is there another type of glue that would hold the bumpers in place?

Thanks
Bryan

bruffcorn

Cadet
Re: Q5i Ski Hatch "bumpers"

That's not a bad option. I will have to look around to see if they come in clear color. I was also thinking about adding some to the glove box and swim platform door - I don't know if I would like this option for those doors/lids though. Thanks for your suggestion, I will have to think about it.

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

bruffcorn,

Try a small drop of silicone glue in the area where you need it. If you prep the surface it will stick.

BoatDrinksQ5,

Your idea seems like a great fix. I will check into that.

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just thought I would update this thread:

Installed mine last night, after taking one or two from each door in the office (doors never closed anyway). ha

Install didn't go that great because the flange on the part you insert is for a thin material (sheetmetal framed door), whereas the boat locker is a bit thicker there. So either the drilled hole was to small.... or next drill bit up (5/16") made it a bit loose and the bumper can be removed pretty easy.

I think with the layout - the fit should be fine, not as if it is mounted sideway or upside down. I likely will at some point put a dab of silicone caulk on the inserted flange to give it a little grip - while still being somewhat temporary/replaceable.

AgentJ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Epoxy would work well.