bow nav. light

jiisler

Recruit
My bow nav. light is not working any thoughts on the cause. the bulb looks good i will try replacing the bulb first but what would be the next step after that. by the way am new to the forum just bought my first 08 tahoe Q6 with the 5.0!

whitey224

Seaman
Re: bow nav. light

Hey, Congrats on the boat! I have a 2011 Q7i and there is a fuse panel up under the dash. I would probably check for a blown fuse. If you have a multimeter you could check for 12v at the switch and at the bulb. Have you taken your boat out yet?

jiisler

Recruit

yes i have! i picked her up sat. morning and went out for a couple of hours. i got a good deal on it it was a trade in boat a the tracker dealer. it runs like a champ i really like the 5.0 220hp!

AgentJ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Make sure your connections are clean, sometimes water can get into the light socket and corrode things up. take some sand paper to the contacts. and if that does not work. I would buy a new light, they are not that expensive. you can get a replacement at wal mart. the OEM light you will have to get it from your dealer or bass pro. I have the Q7SF, I love my boat! You made a good choice on a first boat. don't get discouraged about little thing that go wrong, with boats... it goes with the territory.
Good Luck!

whmoore18

Seaman

Go get some connector cleaner from your local auto parts store and spray the socket down that will clean it up if there is a bad connection. If she's still not working check the fuse sometimes they blow and like AgentJ says small stuff happens even with the more expensive boats when new....its just the name of this game

jiisler

Recruit

so the bulb was good. I got a meter to check the wires and i have no power in the wire to the bow light. but the light in the back of the boat works fine. i checked the fuses and they all look ok. i am kind of baffled what would be next?

will2kz

Seaman Apprentice

so the bulb was good. I got a meter to check the wires and i have no power in the wire to the bow light. but the light in the back of the boat works fine. i checked the fuses and they all look ok. i am kind of baffled what would be next?

Then it is simply a connection that is loose. Try to wiggle the wires at the connection at the base of the bulb harness and at the fuse terminal to see if the light flickers on. Typically these connections go astray. It could also be your switch is dead and no longer switching. I would work from the lightbulb back to the switch then back to the fuse box. The switch may be a bear as you'll have to pop off your dash. My money is on the socket holding the bulb.

whitey224

Seaman

I would check the switch. You should be able to see the wires from under the dash. Make sure you are getting a good ground when checking. Not being a smart a.. but make sure you are turning the switch to "nav. lights" and not to "anchor"

whmoore18

Seaman

Check the connectors from the front nav light all the way back a wire is either pinched or just not hooked up thats all it could be if your rear white light is working. Like whitey224 said make sure you don't have her with the switch on ANCHOR cause that will happen lol