what fish finders are u using

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class
For all you fish and ski guys. I`m looking to replace my fishfinder and am wondering what works best. I don`t have the MPI on my Q6, but would like to have a finder that uses GPS for marking fishing spots and navigation. Any advice would be appreciated.:confused:

mandopickr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: what fish finders are u using

I use a Lowrance 522. Been pleased. Screen is very visible in daylight, and at night you can dim the display.

Also had a Humminbird 161, which was a budget gps/finder, but the 522 was much nicer.

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

Humminbird with quadrabeam

mccownk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I use the Lowrance 337c/df I put the GPS reciever in the cup holder behind the drivers seat. It fits pefectly. I also mounted the RAM mount in the cup holder spot at the drivers seat. I also loaded the Navionics maps, and it gives great detail on the lakes and rivers.

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys! Looks like I`ve got a few good choices to research.

mrkd4lif

Cadet

I am using the lowrance m68c in my 2008 216. I picked it because it used the same transducer that the factory lowrance depth gauge used. All the wiring stayed the same, just had to change the fuse. I was also able to order it from amazon and save about a $100 by gettingbit without the transducer. It does color gps and sonar.

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 0

jrampey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have Lowrance's HDS-5 with GPS ... and added the sidescan option. original HDS-5 was $599. The sidescan module added $600.

I've been happy with the results - but after adding the side scan module I wish I had the larger 7 or 8 inch screen... but more money!

Hey, maybe we can work out a trade...