• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Tahoe Q4S - Fuel Gauge Not Functioning

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Tahoe Q4S - Fuel Gauge Not Functioning

Hello,

I was hoping for some help. I have a 2008 Tahoe Q4S with the throttle injected 190hp Mercruiser engine (I know they stopped making them in '07 but the S/N says '08).

My fuel gauge currently points to empty even though I have gas in the tank. Anyway thoughts on how to address this issue?

Thanks
    The Dude

Re: 2008 Tahoe Q4S - Fuel Gauge Not Functioning

Make sure the pink wire is on the gauge under the dash, make sure the black wire is on the tank unit, on a Q4 it will be more feel than look. the unit will be just in front of the lower engine pulley just under the floor. Also to the rear of the engine under the foam to the center right there will be a grey plug with brown,pink, black wires, the pink and the black with a white stripe are your fuel sendor wires, give a pull on the pink and the black with white stripe to see if the pull out.

Comment

Thank you for the response. I will give it a shot.

Comment

Found out that it was a ground wire issue.

Comment

Working...
        X