2008 Q7i Jensen Radio-No power. Fuse?

jehrbear

Recruit
A few weeks ago, I pulled the old "lets buy a new battery, and connect it backwards" trick. Blew the big fuse on the starter, and that's fixed now,
The radio was also affected in my bone-headed-move.

Are any of the fuses under the driver side linked to the radio? They're numbered, and not marked so I have no idea what they all go to. I do have juice to the power outlet (cig lighter) next to the radio, but not sure which fuses to start checking.

It's a 2008 Q7i-fs model, 4.3 merc if that helps. Thanks in advance.

jehrbear

Recruit
Good point :), I will do that, although I didn't get an owners manual, so I don't know for sure if any of them are related to the radio. Curious if anyone happens to know.

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
There should definitely be a fuse for the radio, usually one for all the accessories. There's no power to radio now? Or at least it won't turn on? Some radios also have their own in-line fuse that may need to be checked. Start pulling fuses and see if any are blown!

jehrbear

Recruit
Thanks gang,

Simple fix and thanks for the simple hints...sometimes it's just that easy. Future members and Googler's take note, at least on my setup, the 3d fuse is the radio, 5 amp fuse. That's the top row, 3d from the left (technically from the right too :))
also
When I hit the power switch, I get that 2 chirp alarm (which powers on other accessories), and that was out as well, that's the first fuse, top left, 10 amp fuse.

I get nervious with electrical troubleshooting, and in this case it was alot of extra sweating and concerns for nothing, just remember start simple.

One last thing, I popped the radio out first just to look for an inline, and this stock Jensen unit did not have one (your experience may vary)