Help - My Wife Is Going To Fall Out Of Our Q7i

revkev6

Seaman
I have this same problem with my 2010 q7i with no tower, no tabs. it's got the 5.0 in it though. I feel it more so with right hand turns than left. I was planning to get tabs to try to improve the problem as my wife gets absolutely petrified with the boat when this happens. I know this is an old post but I'm wondering if there was any resolution?? I notice this the most when I'm getting close to coming off plane in a right hand turn. worst time it happened I was pulling a tube at about 25 miles an hour. actually have the gopro footage and the aftermath of my wife freaking out!

edit: I believe this gets better when I put more weight in the bow.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
revkev6 You have a new thread. Please don't post in old threads. You will have better luck with a new, fresh thread.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer
Hey RevKev6, I just installed trim tabs and it works great...Except, the turns now feel loose meaning they're very sensitive. It's like having very sensitive power steering over manual steering. Don't get me wrong, they're great in getting up on plane much faster and helps with porpoising but I need to get adjusted to the steering. I initially put on a Enertia prop which in an improvement over the Vengeance prop but the tabs are the way to go.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i Second the Smart Tabs. Slow down and don't turn so sharply. It will feel like it is sitting on its side in an abrupt maneuver. i Promise you it is not as the stern drive would be out of the water and the boat would stop.

revkev6

Seaman
the problem I see with the boat is around 20mph.. or a bit slower.. when the boat want to drop off plane and I turn it will make a sudden pitching movement toward the inside of the turn. I had it happen very badly last summer where it is more pronounced on right turns. sounds like it is a fairly normal issue with this hull. I've been driving IO runabouts in this size range since about 1989 and have never had a hull feel like this. my cousin still owns my fathers 1989 19ft larson that I learned to drive on and you can whip that boat right over at low speed. I compared them the same weekend and unfortunately a lot of the shine had worn off the tahoe after that....