Q7 SSi handling issues??

revkev6

Seaman
hey guys, i just got back from a great weekend at the lake that was marred by one issue. I had 4 adults and one child on the boat and towing two people on a tube. I went into a right hand turn about 25-28 mph when the boat rolled right up on it's side. I've had it do this same thing to me many times. it always feels like it pops off plane and the keel slips and rolls the boat right on it's side. a bit of throttle and straighten the wheel and it comes right back. It really feels like if I don't correct it then the boat will tip. I got it on gopro video but it doesn't look as bad as it feels.

anyone else had an issue like this with the Q7?? I can turn hard when I'm over 30 not problem, turning left doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm considering getting smart tabs to get this under control as my wife is not comfortable on the boat as it is and this just about made her want to sell it.

Tim in TN

Seaman
I've got a Q6 which I think is the same size boat and mine would do that. Smart tabs completely eliminated it. Also made it easier to get on plane, especially with a load of folks aboard. Can stay on plane at much lower speeds which we prefer for wakeboarding. Overall, Smart Tabs made it a much better handling boat.