Prop for 2007 Tahoe Q6 SF 4.3L 190HP (Carbed) 14.25 x 21 orig alum prop

ronq

Cadet
I posted this in the prop forum, but didn't get much response. I know there are a few Tahoe owners that have similar boats that might be able to give me some advice. I am looking for a new higher end prop. The Merc prop selector comes up with mostly 22 and 23 pitch props. I was looking at Enertia props due to a couple of folks in the Tahoe forums that are running them and love them. They are running the 20P but both of them have the 4.3 MPI 220 HP. My WOT 4400-4800 and I have had it up to 4700 at about 45 on speedo , but I didn't look at GPS at the time. I still had some left in throttle, but didn't push it. I should also mention that I have smart tabs installed (which are the best mod I've ever done to this boat). I am curious if anyone with a Q6 SF what prop they are running. My though was to go with the Enertia 21 like my current pitch, but the selector has 22. I use the boat for the family and pull a tube, but mostly we just ride around and sometimes fish.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You can spend a lot of money trying to get that extra 2 - 3 MPH for what reason? If you are doing 45 with the setup you have now, I would leave well enough alone. You are only going to cruise around 32-35 mph and pull a tube at a lot less. I run 47 at WOT with an 06 Q6 using a turbo SS 21P prop. I bought a new prop because someone left a chunk of concrete where my prop wanted to be.