Tahoe 215 XI Drainage issues

Coopb

Recruit
I recently bought a 2014 215 xi. When water gets in the boat from rain or washing it puddles behind the captain seat and under the seat where the fishing seats are. The water doesn't fully drain in the ski storage compartment.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so did you drill drain holes in or just not worry about it. Since the fishing seat storage area is so large I would like it to drain so I can store majority of life jackets in there as well.

Thanks in advance,
Coopb

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
I don't see a drain behind the captains seat except for the drain where the removable cooler goes. I suppose you could put one there but the hose would have to be routed to the blige area, past the battery below the walk through, not directly into the floor. The reason is there is foam below there that you do not want to get water logged plus a stringer runs below that area.

The area under the seats, on that model, is made to be a storage area that can be kept relatively dry. I would not drill holes in that area due to the reasons I mentioned about. I would look at the seat to see if it is sealing up on the top. There is a channel around the top that water is meant to follow and drain away.

The locker area should drain. Check the hole where if flows to and see if it is blocked at the entrance or in the drainage tube that flows to the back of the boat.