Trolling Motor Mounts Preinstalled on 2007 Tahoe Q4 Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsway

Recruit
Hi Everyone. First time poster here. Have really enjoyed reading this forum as I decided on a Tahoe which I got today...very excited. It's a 2007 Q4 Sport with the 4.3L Motor. I'm the third owner and it looks like the first owner had the boat delivered with a trolling motor which never made it to the second owner. I've attached a pic of the bow and am trying to figure out if there is a certain type (i.e. brand/model) of trolling motor that these mounts were made for so I can use them without modification. They are molded right into the boat and I'd really like to use them but cannot figure out what I need to look for that would fit. Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks for helping this newbie out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 10

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Talk with your Bass Pro Shop Power Pro or a local Tracker marine dealer. Give them the Hull id Number and they should be able to pull up everything about your boat. Do you have a Manual for your Q4 Sport? I think you actually have a Q4 SF. Does it have mounts to install Fishing seats? One in the bow and one under your sundeck cushions?

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Windsway,

You may want to check you sure-lube axles. Unless you have used them before, you should read up on how they work. If in doubt, pull the hub and wash the bearings to check their condition and repack by hand, Then use the sure-lubes to maintain them. If you are missing the small rubber cover over the hubs, you should get them replaced soon. I had to order them thru BPS.

windsway

Recruit
Thanks for the advice. Yes, Bonus Check, it does have the removable pedestal seats for fishing. Will definitely check the hubs as well. I guess the main thing is to get the mounting plate to put the trolling motor on. Hopefully Bass Pro can still help me get ahold of one for an 8-year-old model (I think they overhauled the design in 2008).

windsway

Recruit
So to follow-up on this, they no longer make the mount plates for this year. Furthermore, they are unable to send me any specs on them (called Tahoe parts dept). By chance does anyone have this on their boat where you may be willing to measure dimensions of the plate for me? If someone out there doesn't currently have a motor mounted to theirs that you could send pictures of the top and bottom, that would be great. My plan is to take it to a welding/machine shop to have the part fabricated, but need some idea of the specs for what they need to make. Many thanks!

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think the trolling motor was made by Motor Guide. Here is their website for the bow mounted trolling motors. The mounts are pretty universal. Look at the brochure link to get the trolling motor thrust size and start there. You should be able to get something from MotorGuide. Maybe there is another bracket that mounts to the boat and the trolling motor bow mount then mounts to that bracket

Here is their website:
http://motorguide.com

Mod EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

redfiveshoe

Cadet
I'm curious to see if you ever found anywhere to purchase the motor. I have the same problem with my 2006 Q4. I have searched everywhere, and of course Tracker was of no help.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm curious to see if you ever found anywhere to purchase the motor. I have the same problem with my 2006 Q4. I have searched everywhere, and of course Tracker was of no help.

Red - This thread in inactive and windsway's last visit was to make post #7, He won't be helping you. Please click on the Forum Hel link in the sig below and look at the rules about posting in old threads. If you want help start a new topic. Thanks.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.