1985 Center Console a rare option?

njmedic3306

Seaman
I picked up a 1985 Sylvan with a center console and I can't find ANYTHING on this boat. Did Sylvan make a center console or did someone modify it? It has a 60 Evinrude and it really files.....any info?

dave 524

Seaman
Re: 1985 Center Console a rare option?

I picked up a 1985 Sylvan with a center console and I can't find ANYTHING on this boat. Did Sylvan make a center console or did someone modify it? It has a 60 Evinrude and it really files.....any info?

I bought a brand new Sylvan " Rodmaster "18 foot in 1982, it was a center console. The year previous they were single side consoles.
I assume yours is a 16 foot if it flys with a 60, I have a Johnson 85 that I got new old stock and it does mid to the high 30's depending on how it is loaded. Been a very good boat to me on Erie and Lake Ontario.

hotrod53

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1985 Center Console a rare option?

I'm thinking that Sylvan had some short run models. I have a 1978 Seamaster and I have the same problem, it is listed nowhere on any of the sites. I hear that it was a 2 or 3 year run. I see boats a lot newer than mine that look exactly the same as mine, just different a color scheme.