Sylvan V173

tadams7

Cadet
Does anyone own a Sylvan V173? I bought mine about 5 years ago and I'm in the middle of a small restoration and I have not found any info on any others. Anyone that has any info or pictures of their V173 please post. Just knowing that there are others out there would be nice. I'll post pictures of my restoration soon.

Re: Sylvan V173

Just came accross this! I'm in the process of restoring my V173 as well. I've taken the top off the and have removed the floor and replaced the transom so far. Would be interested in seeing/hearing your progress!!

tadams7

Cadet
Re: Sylvan V173

It sounds like you're digging in to yours a little more than I am to mine. Mine has sat for over a year so basically I'm just trying to "wake" it up. I'm having all of the vinyl replaced, new radio and new depth finder. I've had to put on a new fuel hose and a new impeller. I'm also going around and hitting all the lube points. I'm going to have to restore the gel coat at some point, but right now I'm just anxious to get it back on the water. The vinyl should be completed this week. I'll post some pictures of the final product. I'd love to see some pictures of your restore in progress since in the next few years I'll probably replace the deck and carpet.

Thanks for posting.