97 Sylvan v196 Parts!?

sakrafice

Cadet
I am having a really hard time finding parts for this model boat, i picked it up and its missing some parts like the glove box, passenger vent ect... any site out there or a dealer i could go to ? any help would be deeply appreciated i am in michigan but id like to think there is a website that sells replacement parts for this boat...

rhillman75

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 97 Sylvan v196 Parts!?

Don't feel left out... I have a 1996 in "showroom" condition except for the cup holders and the hatch release cable. I found both but it took FOREVER and alot of time "googling" for them. Sylvan does not even have the V196 parts catalog anymore as I found out 1 month into buying the boat. Just keep looking and you will find something. I will tell you that I did find the "perfect" cover for it for either storage or rad travel if it is a TRUE V196. It was at Menards and cost me $84.99, considering the upholestry guy wanted over $400.00 for it.

sakrafice

Cadet

It is a true v196 and luckly whom ever owned it when they bought it must have cared about the boat because it came with the snap on covers and an aditional cover that goes over the interior covers and covers most of the boat and is made of very good material.

Can you give me a few sites on where you found stuff for this boat? im in the middle of talking with a dealer on getting that glove box out of a 2004 or 2005. I also want to get a tower for it but dont know what one will fit ect, im new to boats but it has a crate engine 350 on it and i got a real good deal on it so its worth putting money into. Thanks again!

sunking

Recruit

I am looking for a windshield, specifically curved part, for a 1997 Sylvan 196V Sport. I think best chance for people here is to find a boneyard with a Sylvan 196 Sport that have totaled out their engines or sank their boats.

If anyone can confirm that same body was used for 1996-2002 models, that would help me out.

Bryan76

Seaman

im in the same boat need parts also 96 model

rhillman75

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What I have come to find out about my Sylvan is that I'm glad it's in the shape it is. I had to replace the the cable release mechanism for the hatch (found on eBay), the cup holders were dis-colored (found on eBay), other than that it is universal "*****" that fortunate for me I own a automotive customizing shop with REALLY DAMN GOOD fabricators that "help" me out! I have searched and searched for replacement parts and to not avail, I simply can't find ANYTHING! I really wish I could help... but Sylvan has "tied" ALL of our hands together! Like I said... these boats are GONE, so if you find one for a GOOD price in GOOD condition... buy it and find EVERY possible way to maintain it. I am currently looking for a bimini top for my 2 year old to have some shade while we are out on the water and I am so HESISTANT as to finding the MOST accurate fitting one so it doesn't have the "UNIVERSAL" look! That process has taken 6 months and I am still not happy with what I have seen or found!

sakrafice

Cadet

I wish i could help you out since i went to hell and back trying to find that glove box with no luck, even went to the company that produced the damn thing for the company. Oh well time to fab one up. As for the guy wanting to know if 96-02 are the same... im working on trying to figure that out i think they are. the hull looks to be unchanged untill 2000 and from the looks of it, it is identical still with the change in the back (where they ran the fiberglass all the way covering up the swim deck from the sides...) and moved the vents to the back as well. Will someone clarify that for me as im seriously thinking of just doing some fiberglass and turning this into a 2000+ model since i have to repaint this boat anyway.

Bryan76

Seaman

Look on ebay there was a 2001 for sale the only difference is the back

sakrafice

Cadet

if any of you guys ever find this boat in a boneyard or want to get rid of parts please contact me.

sakrafice

Cadet

glove1.jpg

I will pay some really good money for this complete glove/console box.