1986 310 SunRunner SB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewman2

Recruit
Three of us at work decided to obtain a nice 310 SB. She is in need of some TLC, but over all in preety good shape. Preped and repainted the outdrives, replaced all the batteries, installed new zincs, new blowers, pulled the port alternator (low output .64V) Hope to repaint the bottom Tuesday, reinstall the alternator Wednesday, pull and service the outdrives Thursday, and sometime during the week, buff and polish the hull.

Attachments

• 1986 310 SunRunner Sun Bridge.jpg
    1986 310 SunRunner Sun Bridge.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1986 SunRunner Boat Country 004.jpg
    1986 SunRunner Boat Country 004.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 0
  • 1986 SunRunner Boat Country 015.jpg
    1986 SunRunner Boat Country 015.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1986 SunRunner Boat Country 005.jpg
    1986 SunRunner Boat Country 005.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 0

IBPrince

Recruit
Re: 1986 310 SunRunner SB

You are off to a great start. Keep having fun untill you get in the water. IBPrince

jdcenter

Recruit

Memorial Day Boating 023.jpgI have a '86 310 also. They are great boats. Hopefully the wiring is in good shape because these boats have about 20 miles of wire!! The wiring in mine is a disaster due to the previous owner, so I am constantly chasing down electrical issues.

Wish you all the best, these 310's are great boats overall. My wife and I just spent most of this last 3 day weekend on ours in Juneau, AK. Very seaworthy boats.

Hey bud, I am excited for you guys. She looks beautiful! I just bought a 1988 31' last week down in Naples, Fl. I will be trucking her up to Destin, Fl in two weeks. My boat needs some TLC to say the least but mostly cosmetics. Keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same.

dmurphy

Recruit

You are off to a great start. Keep having fun untill you get in the water. IBPrince

look im getting ready to but a 86 sun runner 310 sb but it has a bad gas tank. can you tell me how big and where it would be located??? i cant find to much info on this boat

jenn_8675309

Cadet

Hey Murphy, I own a 1988 Classic 318 and I believe the gas tank is under the aft sleeping compartment. There is a Sun Runner group on Yahoo that has lots of specs you can look at, but that group is deserted for the most part, and very hard to get questions answered.

ubdee

Recruit
Re:1986 310

Please add me to the list of new 310 SB owners. Purchased from marina after tornado damaged docks and boat. Insurance totaled boat. Owner signed over to marina for slip charges. I saw ad just as it was posted, photos showed lots of parts that would be usable on my other boat (37" Marinette Twin Cabin) so I bought it sight unseen. Only provision that it was floating, and had not been sunk. After buying boat I surveyed boat for usable parts, Engine compartment clean, and dry.
209 hrs on fresh water cooled engines. Boat had been winterized, sat for a year after damage. Replaced 2 dead batteries, 2 recharged. Both engines started in less than a minute. 1 Oil pressure gauge not working. Fuel gauge read full. Cranked over generator, 5 or 6 seconds, but didn't start. Cooling water strainer didn't show water, Checking out interior I was amazed, it looks almost new. I found 2 small cuts in vinyl near floor at aft berth entry. Microwave doesn't fit opening neatly, and there is a 12 Volt D.C.system problem, on house battery. Voltage rapidly oscillating between 3 and 8 volts.

Major damage topside.Starboard rail bent where steel pole fell on it, starboard windshield destroyed, starboard side glass destroyed. Helm severely broken, switch
panels bent. hull at helm stress cracked and broken. Estimate for topside repair was $3,500.00. I purchased an original used windshield, and side glass with shipping for $359.00. Some problem with tilt and trim. Depth finder ? Again 12 volt system

Boat is now undergoing repairs and on blocks. Shop owner said very recent bottom job. Drives look good. transom shows reseal around new boots.maybe serviced?
Hull shows very few scratches, and little oxidation.

Now I have 2 boats I can't afford Smiling big time tho.

BTW, Purchase price? $1,000.00

Status
Not open for further replies.