Sunrunner Ultra 302 1989 steering, how to put it back together?

Louis Cadard

Cadet
My Drunk mechanic took apart my steering because of an oil leak, then threatened to kill the Harbor Master, so he can't come back. I can't take the 31' Sunrunner boat out because it has no steering, two Volvo Penta 280's stern drives linked together. I didn't get a good look at the steering how & where it was mounted. I had to bring the steering piston assembly ( you need a photo of this) to (3) three shops before anyone could make a seal for it. It seems to have a Seastar (can't read model # ) piston pushing & pulling on a pilot shaft of a contraption ( no make or model ) that drives a second shaft that was attached to both stern drives somehow and ( hydraulic power boosted by an "automotive type power steering pump only on the port engine") Even a Seastar repair shop had not seen anything like it. The hydraulic shop that changed the seal by destroying the brass end by tapping it to pull it apart. Now with the new seal & new machined brass part that holds it completed. I can't not see how it mounts & connects to the stern drives. Help, because I can't find anything like it on the web or anyone else's boat! I will send a photo of this thing email me at Louiscadard52@gmail.com