Sunrunner Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sun runner Owners

please fill in your location in your profile, nice to know where folks are,and it tells what kind of water your in.
You need to post in the technical section for engines as well.
I had similar troubles on my maiden voyage on my boat, learned that I had a bad radiator cap and blew off all the water out of the engine. but was that the real trouble, maybe, this spring we observed that the water was not exhausting out the ports on the out drive properly, so we pulled it and found the impeller was worn. so remember you have 2 water pumps that work independent but together.

list to port, could be the trim tab, fluid level or not working, electrical or pump. Mine needed fluid and exercise to be reliable.

Fireman7777

Cadet

Thanks! I put a few questions out there in the technical section. Lots of good feedback! I'll post on the results of my changes.

jmwhip

Recruit
Re: Sunrunner Owners

Hey Fireman I bought my boat in Spokane and live in Kamiah, Idaho. My boat seems to lean a little to the port side, but when I'm running, the trim tabs level the boat out nicely. I agree that a trim tab must not be working right on yours.

WoodyinTroy

Recruit

1988 Sun Runner 252 Ultra -- love it! Just replaced the coil and alternator, now she fires right up. Haven't had to do anything to her other then routine maintenance. These are great boats. I saw a 272 Ultra sitting in a farmers field over the weekend and I almost stopped to see if he wanted to sell it.

stoneartisan

Recruit

Hi Everyone. I have recently purchased a 1980's Sun Runner, she's appx 27' in length. I have no idea of the model or hull number, i beleive there is an ID plate somewhere, but i cannot find it, can someone tell me where it is, or tell me how to identify the model of the boat. Regards Cymon. cbartonjones@yahoo.co.uk

wajajaja02

post a picture, and the serial number is engraved on the starboard side of the transom just below the rub rail.

ce-ce

Recruit

hello

i just picked up a 1989 sunrunner 248 classic with a single 350.can't wait to get her in the water. it is my first boat and i am looking forward

if there is anyone else in halifax nova scotia feel free to pm me thanks

wajajaja02

add your location to your profile, it will help you in all your post on i boats, welcome aboard.

stoneartisan

Recruit

post a picture, and the serial number is engraved on the starboard side of the transom just below the rub rail.

Thats great very many thanks the number reads: XUB70276078

From this number can we work out what she is? When i get my camera back from the shop ill post some photo's.

many thanks for the information.

Regards

stoneartisan

Recruit

thats great, many thanks for the info, the ser no is XUB70276078 as far as i can tell it disappears underneath the swim platform upright. Can anyone identity the type of boat from this number?

When my camera comes out of the shop ill post some photographs.

Regards

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

Stoneartisan: Welcome to the site. I haven't been checking it lately, so it's nice to see more people aboard. For some extra help, there's a second site for Sunrunner owners at Yahoo. Just Google Sunrunner boats and you'll find it. I've been using it and posting on it and this site as I refurbish my 1986 220SB. I'm not going to be getting her launched this year because I just had a total knee replacement last month. No boating allowed until some time in August so it's not worth the cost of launching and dockage for the remainder of the season, especially since I haven't been able to finish getting her ready. This week I'm going to begin making new "canvas" for her. I've got the Sunbrella fabric and have starting disassembling the old canvas for use as patterns. Safe boating, Hy.

robjen1019

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bought a 1987 Sunrunner 195cv this spring and been working on it all summer. I absolultely love how the boat handles on the water. The hull design is amazing. Replaced the aq151 with a aq225 about a month ago. Last week converted over to Electronic igniton. Runs great. Looking for a good duo prop to convert the 290 outdrive with, but might have to wait till next year for this.
Boat is docked on Lake Pepin, Lake City, Minnesota.

Waterblaster

Recruit

Sign in if you own a Sunrunner! 1988 Weekender 235 here.

Hey there sunrunner,
I have a 1988 235 weekender, aq271c duo prop. any chance yours came with a manual? Looked at your pic and seems to be the same except for colour. I'm looking for any info. She's a good boat, had a few small issues (what girl doesn't), nothing major, let me know.

Thanks

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi all, last year i bought a 1986 sunrunner 220cv powered by a 5.0L chevy with alpha 1 gen one drive. so far i am pretty happy with the boat. seems like it is extra sensitive to weight shifts from side to side but it came with trim tabs so it is easily adjusted for. the pic i have is from last year. this spring i sanded down the old bottom paint and refinished. i was so anctiouse to get it in the water this year i never took a after pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 1

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome to Sunrunners. There is a site dedicated to their boats on Yahoo. Just Google it and you'll find it. There are manuals, photos, links, and advice available there. As you can see by reading the posts on this site, I've been refurbishing my 220SB, the second boat I've refurbished. I've pretty much been through all the systems, so if there's anything I can do to help, just ask. Have fun, and safe boating. Hy

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

Ce-Ce: Just wanted to belatedly welcome you to the site and to Sunrunners. Check out the Sunrunner site on Yahoo, as well. My wife and I were up in Halifax and a few of the other communities up your way, a few years ago. We found friendly people, great food, great views, and a very relaxing vacation (except for the speeding ticket for doing 70 KPH in a 50 KPH zone!). Enjoy your boat. Hy

hello

i just picked up a 1989 sunrunner 248 classic with a single 350.can't wait to get her in the water. it is my first boat and i am looking forward

if there is anyone else in halifax nova scotia feel free to pm me thanks

davematt99

Recruit

I have a 1981 SRM195B for 3 or 4 years now. Still in pretty good shape. I have the original brochure and manual for the Merc Model 470 engine and outdrive. The interior seems to be all original. I've looked hi and low for replacemant gauges but have not had any luck. The gauges aren't round, more square with rounded sides. Does anyone have an old working tach? I'd rather not make a whole new panel as I like the old style. I did finally have to stick a round voltmeter into the old square hole. If I can't find any old style gauges I'll go ahead with the replacement. The boat works pretty good for 28 years old. It's got leaks around the outdrive but not more that what the bilge pump can handle. All in all it's not a bad vessel. Still having fun in Arizona.

wajajaja02

better to fix those seals, when they completely the boat will sink, Had mine estimated last week, fall is a great time, as part of the winterizing, they do the oil change, gimbal bearings,u joints, water pump ,impeller, your transmission cables,and tune up about 8-900 total. a lot of that is labor, and its a maintenance item. mine only does a quart a day, but.

Denebola

Recruit

I was given a 245 OS Sun Runner. It is my first real boat. It has been the only Sun Runner that I can find that has twin outboards (140's). The man who moved the boat to my house said the keel is very strong and not soft like he has seenin other Sun Runners. I bought a trailer for her and have been working on the Nav lights and motors. I will put her in the water Sunday for a trial run. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.