• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunrunner Owners

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunrunner Owners

Stoneartisan: Welcome to the site. I haven't been checking it lately, so it's nice to see more people aboard. For some extra help, there's a second site for Sunrunner owners at Yahoo. Just Google Sunrunner boats and you'll find it. I've been using it and posting on it and this site as I refurbish my 1986 220SB. I'm not going to be getting her launched this year because I just had a total knee replacement last month. No boating allowed until some time in August so it's not worth the cost of launching and dockage for the remainder of the season, especially since I haven't been able to finish getting her ready. This week I'm going to begin making new "canvas" for her. I've got the Sunbrella fabric and have starting disassembling the old canvas for use as patterns. Safe boating, Hy.

Comment

Bought a 1987 Sunrunner 195cv this spring and been working on it all summer. I absolultely love how the boat handles on the water. The hull design is amazing. Replaced the aq151 with a aq225 about a month ago. Last week converted over to Electronic igniton. Runs great. Looking for a good duo prop to convert the 290 outdrive with, but might have to wait till next year for this.
      Boat is docked on Lake Pepin, Lake City, Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by sun_runner235 View Post
        Sign in if you own a Sunrunner! 1988 Weekender 235 here.
        Hey there sunrunner,
        I have a 1988 235 weekender, aq271c duo prop. any chance yours came with a manual? Looked at your pic and seems to be the same except for colour. I'm looking for any info. She's a good boat, had a few small issues (what girl doesn't), nothing major, let me know.

Thanks

Comment

hi all, last year i bought a 1986 sunrunner 220cv powered by a 5.0L chevy with alpha 1 gen one drive. so far i am pretty happy with the boat. seems like it is extra sensitive to weight shifts from side to side but it came with trim tabs so it is easily adjusted for. the pic i have is from last year. this spring i sanded down the old bottom paint and refinished. i was so anctiouse to get it in the water this year i never took a after pic.
          2005 Centurion Enzo SV230 5.7 Black Scorpion

Comment

Originally posted by sun_runner235 View Post
            Sign in if you own a Sunrunner! 1988 Weekender 235 here.
            I picked up a 1988 Sunrunner 235 Weekender off e-bay for $50.00. It is in need of a complete overhaul.can anyone tell me where I can find parts and manuls for it?

Comment

Welcome to Sunrunners. There is a site dedicated to their boats on Yahoo. Just Google it and you'll find it. There are manuals, photos, links, and advice available there. As you can see by reading the posts on this site, I've been refurbishing my 220SB, the second boat I've refurbished. I've pretty much been through all the systems, so if there's anything I can do to help, just ask. Have fun, and safe boating. Hy

Comment

Ce-Ce: Just wanted to belatedly welcome you to the site and to Sunrunners. Check out the Sunrunner site on Yahoo, as well. My wife and I were up in Halifax and a few of the other communities up your way, a few years ago. We found friendly people, great food, great views, and a very relaxing vacation (except for the speeding ticket for doing 70 KPH in a 50 KPH zone!). Enjoy your boat. Hy

Originally posted by ce-ce View Post
                hello

i just picked up a 1989 sunrunner 248 classic with a single 350.can't wait to get her in the water. it is my first boat and i am looking forward

if there is anyone else in halifax nova scotia feel free to pm me thanks

Comment

I have a 1981 SRM195B for 3 or 4 years now. Still in pretty good shape. I have the original brochure and manual for the Merc Model 470 engine and outdrive. The interior seems to be all original. I've looked hi and low for replacemant gauges but have not had any luck. The gauges aren't round, more square with rounded sides. Does anyone have an old working tach? I'd rather not make a whole new panel as I like the old style. I did finally have to stick a round voltmeter into the old square hole. If I can't find any old style gauges I'll go ahead with the replacement. The boat works pretty good for 28 years old. It's got leaks around the outdrive but not more that what the bilge pump can handle. All in all it's not a bad vessel. Still having fun in Arizona.

Comment

better to fix those seals, when they completely the boat will sink, Had mine estimated last week, fall is a great time, as part of the winterizing, they do the oil change, gimbal bearings,u joints, water pump ,impeller, your transmission cables,and tune up about 8-900 total. a lot of that is labor, and its a maintenance item. mine only does a quart a day, but.
                    "LIVE LIKE YOUR READY TO DIE" [tim mc graw/I]
                    WHERE BALD EAGLES FLY
                    (http://www.njherald.com/story/news/28Eagles)

Comment

I was given a 245 OS Sun Runner. It is my first real boat. It has been the only Sun Runner that I can find that has twin outboards (140's). The man who moved the boat to my house said the keel is very strong and not soft like he has seenin other Sun Runners. I bought a trailer for her and have been working on the Nav lights and motors. I will put her in the water Sunday for a trial run. Wish me luck.

Comment

where are you located, nice to know, update your profile, welcome to iboats.
                        "LIVE LIKE YOUR READY TO DIE" [tim mc graw/I]
                        WHERE BALD EAGLES FLY
                        (http://www.njherald.com/story/news/28Eagles)

Comment

Denebola: I'm just north of you, in Medford. I keep my boat out in Moriches, unfortunately, on land for this season. Congratulations on your new boat and welcome to Sunrunners. There is also a large Sunrunner owners' site on Yahoo. Lots of info and good people there, as well. Enjoy your boat and maybe we'll meet next season on the bay. If there's anything I can help you with concerning the boat and its systems, just ask. Hy

Comment

south carolina here,just aquired a project 87 225cv w/5.7 mcm...all interior and most of the wood is shot but all mech and elec systems for the most part are saveable.seems like a well made boat and looking foreward to the task.have the mooring,trailering covers along with the camping setup i think but i dont have the bimini top or hardware and i think i need it to use it.if anyone has a pic of a 225 with the factory bimini up please post it so i'll have an idea .thanks its the largest boat i've owned so i'll probably have a few dumb questions coming your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jello Shot View Post
                              I just bought a couple months ago a 1989 Sunrunner 248. Great boat and can't wait to put it in the water. It is at a shop getting inspected and ready for the spring.
                              HI Jello, Hope your having lots of fun, I have a 248 classic from Florida. Sailing west coast of sunny Scotland, 1988 still looks and runs brilliant

Comment

:I own a 1988 210 sunrunner blew the origanal motor. the had jason saris of performance marine build me a 350vortec 400hp. 290a sp drive just had completery rebuilt nosecone seals crylogenig allnew gears 1;61 etc.Bronson and hill 15x23 solid hub ss prop balance blueprinted etc. Boat is now painted ice white with some purple,yellow,red graphics. on 100octane she will run low 70s trimed and tabbed out purfect, awesome rough water boat.

Comment

Working...
                                X