Buying an 05 195LX

wardf

Recruit
Sorry for the double post but I could not edit the hrs on the other post.

I'm buying a 05 195LX with 32 hrs on it. Obviouly it is like brand new. To winterize it every year he would have the gas drained dry. He had it out once in "10" and never put gas in it in "11" until I went to buy it this past weekend. It has the 220hp 4.3 Volvo option. Now for the question and your thoughts. We put it on the water to try it out and it is a total dog out of the hole and only reached 44mph and 4100 rpms. He changed props and had not had it out since the change until we tried it out. Now the new prop in a stainless 4 blade with 19 pitch and the original is a 3 blade with 21 pitch. Theorhetically the 19 pitch prop should bring it out of the hole better but could it be that this prop is dragging it down? He said that before it came out of the hole real strong and we dropped it off at a marina to have the mechainc look it over. The motor sounded real good and smooth so I was just wondering what you out there thought. The only variable is the prop and the time it has set. Thank you, Ward