Need assistance finding rubber bow cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roebuckridge

Cadet
Hello from a new member! I recently purchased a 2002 180 LX, and love it! It's missing the rubber bow cap that mounts on the front nose in the rub rail. Previous owner lost it when someone stepped on it getting in the boat and it sunk to the bottom off a pier. I've searched online and have yet to get a response from several dealers I emailed about it. Any ideas where to obtain a new one? Thanks for any response and I look forward to participating in the forum.

specmkr

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Need assistance finding rubber bow cap

I will follow this thread, as the one I purchased this year is missing the same part. Haven't really looked for one, but would be nice to find a replacement...

huckinfarley

Recruit

I found one at Chatlees Marine in Sanford N.C. I told the salesmen the make and model of my boat and it looked like the right size, but it was to small. He told me it was the last plastic one he had. I don't know what they have for a replacement.

Roebuckridge

Cadet

Well, I've spoken with two dealerships and left my number for them to call me back "when they located part number, price, and availability", no one has called and it's been two weeks. So, rather than keep calling dealers around the country in hopes they call me back over a $15 part I think I'm simply going to buy several feet of the correct black rubber bumper material to match the rest of what's on the boat and make one. Since I don't know what the original one looked like I'd say that's about as good a guess as one can have. If it turns out good I'll post pics.

specmkr

Seaman Apprentice

Just got an email from Chatlee as well stating they have plastic ($10.95) and metal (24.95) in stock. Haven't ordered yet. May just wait til next season. Too many other irons in the fire right now. If anyone would like their number though it is 919-775-7259.

Status
Not open for further replies.