exhaust blower problems on 91 Stingray

I have a 91 Stingray 536 and I took the boat out last weekend and the exhaust blower did not work. It worked fine the last time I had used it! After troubleshooting I found that it did work if I jumped it straight from the battery. I can't find any fuses on this boat after tracing the wires from the back to the instument panel! I am guessing it is a blown fuse or a bad switch but don't know why I can't find a fuse panel. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Augie.

Rscardina

Chief Petty Officer
Re: exhaust blower problems on 91 Stingray

the blower should be switched...so poke your head under the dash and jump it there...if she runs..replace the switch...if not keep tracing back.

On my old searay..I had the twist out fuses right on the instrument panel above each switch...bilge, horn, light etc.. not sure if your is that easy but the holders were in the dash and looked like black plugs.. they just turn out..and your fuse is in there.. IF you have that setup.

from what you described by jumping 12v from the batery..your fan is good and the power problem is closer to the swtch..