• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

23' Steury Houseboat

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23' Steury Houseboat

Any owners of 23' Steury Houseboats, around 1975

Re: 23' Steury Houseboat

Welcome to iboats!

I owned a Stuery years ago (wish I never sold it ).... they are rare and we do have a few folks here that own houseboats of assorted brands.
    This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
    Please, shop iboats first!!

Comment

I've had a 1974 Steury for 13 years; it's a great boat for the Rideau Canal system here in eastern Ontario. My wife and I are seriously thinking of selling it this year. I've just retired and we'd like to travel across Canada for a couple summers. Of course, we've thought about selling it the last few years, and change our minds once it's in the water.

Comment

Finally made up our minds the to sell the Steury.

See here:

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details....ADS=7714502%7C

Comment

Just purchased a 1979 23' Steury Houseboat. I am trying to find a copy of an Owners Manual.

The boat is a 1979 T523HB.

Has a 306 V-8 Mercruiser and Stern Drive. 228 HP with just over 200 Hours on it. The previous owner spent over $2500 geting the boat ready to sell. The boat has been handed around this one Family for all these years. It stood in a Slip on Lake Mojave in Nevada from 1995 until Dec of 2008. Has Calcium on the Hull and Stern Drive. Mostly cosmetic items which can be corrected.

The motor and stern drive have been gone thru by an excellent Marine mechanic in Searchlight, NV. New trim sensor kit, Shift cable kit, Main boot and Shift cable boot. The engine has been gone thru and all the filters have been changed as well as new spark plugs and all wiring checked out. The interior is in very good condition as the boat was primarily used as a weekend Cabin in the slip as the owner really did not know how to run the boat on the Lake!!!

I trailerd the boat from NV to OK in a two day period with no major problems for 1200 miles. It is now in the shop to have the hull redone.

I did Sea Trial it on Lake Mojave for about 2 1/2 hours and it performed
          very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraclejuice View Post
            Any owners of 23' Steury Houseboats, around 1975
            I bought a '75 Steury last year, just got it painted, posted pictures in the forum this morning.

Comment

Here's one that's been completely redone, for sale July 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rscjcuo0DcE

Comment

I live in Iowa and love these boats but am considering selling my 1972 23' Steury Houseboat with I/O Merc. She's sitting on her trailer in my yard. The interior has been gutted to the studs and she's ready for the remodel. (The fun part!) I just can't find time with my new job. She's listed for $6,900. Here's a link to my Craigslist ad: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/boa/4002113139.html
                --Aaron (319-631-4098)
                Last edited by Land-Locked-Iowan; August 21st, 2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

You might want to post some pictures, or if you have it listed on Craigslist or EBay, include a link. Some people post videos of boats for sale on YouTube also.
                  Last edited by river_guide; August 13th, 2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X