Am I the Only One?

sabastianunf

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1977 19' Steury cuddy cabin. It is a fiberglass hull and has a 120 Mercruiser I/o. It is in pretty good shape especially for the age. I have owned it for about 5 years and have done a good bit of work on it but mostly overdue maitenance. I know Stuery went out of business in the early to mid 80's but i have not seen any other one's. I will post some pics soon but was wondering if anyone else has one or if mine is the only one still on the water. Heck maybe it is one of a kind? Anyone know anything about them?

Re: Am I the Only One?

I just bought my first boat tonight. I go pick it up tomorrow. It is a 1979 Steury 19.5' Bow rider outboard. It has a 1995 or 96 Johnson First Strike 150hp on it. The boat needs some TLC but is structuraly sound. It just needs some cleaning and wood cleanup. Two SMALL fiberglass imperfections. Not structural problems, just some spidering (looks like it took a point of something to it but didnt go through) that owner said has been there since he bought it. I got it for $2000 with trailer. Nothing special on it, but a nice boat for tubing and stuff on the River. I am in Toledo Ohio so I have the lake there too. The interior is redone, not professionally, owner re did the carpet and seats. they look decent. I am pretty happy with the boat over all. It was a 28th birthday present from my wife. Ill put some pics up when I get it lookin good.

sabastianunf

Petty Officer 1st Class

SOunds exactly like my boat. I got it for $2200 with a trailer. needed lots of minor work and some parts for the motor. Mine is a cuddy cabin and the Previous owner had redone the inside of the cabin. My hull was also in good shape but the motor was well behind on maitenance and had not run for over 2 years. It runs great now and everything is in working order - 4 years and $3000 later.

Well my motor is a 1993 I found out. It has started twice this year that I know of. Strated right up when I looked at it last night. but today I cant get it to start, not sure why. I am going to change the plugs and give it some starting fluid, hopefully after doing that a couple times and cleaning it all up it should work out ok. Im willing to bet the fuel is probably not so good either. All I got a chance to do today is wash it. But it helped alot, got rid of the moldy whatever spots on the hull. Wife is cleaning the inside tomorrow. And I decided to rewire the control panel. As it is now is way too many splices and breakoffs. I want to run one power wire from the battery and then put it to a fuse box. Mine looks the same color, with the brownish orange stripe and the rest white.

dolluper

Captain

Have had a 15 foot runabout for years with an 85 Johnstone on it,finally got around to replacing the transom after it sunk one day.Very solid boat cuts the water real good and pulls skiers easly

firemixer

Cadet

You may have read my post on the steury revival thread but I have an 1980 Steury 2200 that I really enjoy. I bought it last year from a guy in Western NY and spent all winter and most of the spring fixing it up.
It is a great boat. I would love to network with other steury owners.

SteuryLover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is my first posting and I want to say this is a great tool for any caliber of boat owner. I have found it very useful and have practically rebuilt my boat with iBoats and my manual. To the point here...

I just bought my very first Center Console, a 18'4" Steury Center Console with a Johnson 1993 88 SPL outboard. Traded a car for it, I really wanted the boat. I have been looking on the internet for info on this boat with limited results. I could not find a single Steury center console for starters and not my model for sure. I am very impressed with this boat overall. I live at Channel Islands Harbor near Ventura Ca, Anacapa is 13 miles from Harbor, this boat is used to fish offshore and get to the Islands. In the month I have owned it it has been out to the islands 4 times. The second time we got caught in Santa Anas coming home (be sure to really check the weather reports well, trust me) blowing in excess of 50mph and running through 7-9ft wind swells at 2 secs. Let me tell you, she went straight and was dry as a whistle when we finally got back to port an hour later. She is built solid with an incredible amount of space for the size. Below is some info on the boat, I will try and get some pics up soon. If anyone else has one I would love to hear from them. This 1975 center console seems to be built better then any current center console in its class including Whaler.

Max HP - 150
Beam -7'4"
Length - 18'4"
Hull -Deep V
Free Board/ Cockpit depth - 25" rear tappers to 27" front
Full Bow Rail
32 gallon bow ice chest located under bow seat
Twin saddle bag 19 gallon tanks (38 gallon total plus 6 gallon aux)
Full fiberglass console with windshield and front seat with storage
Self bailing hull (as found out first hand, works very well)
42 gallon live bait well mounted under the driver bench seat

She plains easy and is a fairly dry ride in chop. Any info would be great, I really love this boat!

firemixer

Cadet

Any one Intrested there is a 1978 Steury 22 for sale on Ebay. Looks like it is in great shape. I would buy it but its in Ca.

omcboats

Recruit

The 18 Steury, either in CC or cuddy model was a great hull that not many people ever heard about. They were fast, handled great and went through rough water better than any boat of its size that I have ever been in.

SteuryLover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I agree 100%. My center console is awesome! It cuts real easy, handles great and is designed very well. I refer to it as a commercial style fishing boat based on the construction and rigging. I would buy another if I could find one. If anyone's got one, let me know!

pinkham89

Seaman Apprentice

heres another. bought a 14' (72?) 'glass runabout from a guy mid last summer. so far i love the boat.... there is a little soft spot on the floor :( (i know i know) but she hauls *** with a 50hp jonny on the back. gonna try skiing and tubing this summer.

total package boat, trailer and motor was $1000. went to the lake that night and had one hell of a cruise

Steury Owner

Cadet

I just got a 21' 1976 steury cabin cruiser with a 235HP OMC sterndrive. It is very solid and only needs cosmetic repairs. From what I hear steury made great boats.

CougarBait

Cadet

Bought my first boat one month ago....$400.

Was told it and motor was a '71.

Ran the serial numbers and determined that it is a 15 foot 1968 Fiberglass Steury Runabout with a 1966 40 HP Evinrude Lark VIII. It started right up and runs great. Lots of fun. Slowly restoring it. Would love to hear from other proud Steury owners about their experiences.

SteuryLover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here is an updated shot of my Steury Center Console. 1975 V518 Fisherman. I love my Steury.

Attachments

• Steuryfront.jpg
    Steuryfront.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1

Swivelhart

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am glad there are other proud Steury owners out there. Wish there was a little more info on the history of these boats. Old model Ads would be real cool but information seems real limited. Anyway, I just bought my first Steury a month ago and love it! It's a 1968 15' with a 60hp Johnson V-4. The motor is a 1966. With my busy schedule I only had it out twice but certainly a blast. Here is a picture of it. Got the whole package for $760. Didn't need anything except a new primer bulb and battery. She flies pretty nice on the water. Can't wait to pull my son on a tube next summer!

1968Steury60hp.jpg

jim372

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have been talking to a local guy that has a 78-79 steury 22'-23' cabin curser that he wants rid of ,he paid $600 for it , i can get it for $300
or $400
has 470 merc i/o
he says its to much for him to handle

muddhogg

Recruit
help

help

hello new to forum need info on a stuery boat i bought to restore. the model number is 2-2500-cr-10 need some parts don't know were to look thank you

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have one of there campers. I have only seen a few while doing searches.

Got it for $300 from the second owner. Have used it quite a bit and if the boat quality is the same the should last forever.

mfgniagara

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I am glad there are other proud Steury owners out there. Wish there was a little more info on the history of these boats. Old model Ads would be real cool but information seems real limited. Anyway, I just bought my first Steury a month ago and love it! It's a 1968 15' with a 60hp Johnson V-4. The motor is a 1966. With my busy schedule I only had it out twice but certainly a blast. Here is a picture of it. Got the whole package for $760. Didn't need anything except a new primer bulb and battery. She flies pretty nice on the water. Can't wait to pull my son on a tube next summer!

1968Steury60hp.jpg

I just bought a boat that looks a lot like yours here, mine has a state issued title and they called it a 1970 model but since there are no factory numbers still readable, I can't say for sure what year it is. Mine is like yours but red up top and apparently had back to back seats of some type. I got it with some home made seats which will soon be gone. Got any more pics of your boat? Inside pics maybe?
Mine is pretty basic, the dash has nothing but a steering wheel and light switch, it's still got rope and pulley steering. I'll get some pics soon of mine and make a new post with it then. I did find a 1965 brochure online at Fiberglassics.com showing this model, 414 in red too.
I can't believe how little info there is on this brand, either they were a small company with low production numbers or they just never caught on?
So far I really like what I see as far as the overall construction and I like the bow flare and rounded off spray rail down low it looks like its a very stable and dry boat.
How does yours ride? (mine is a long way off from it's first day on the water and most likely won't see water this year as the season here is ending fast).

Thaybot2000

Cadet

I am going to change the plugs and give it some starting fluid, hopefully after doing that a couple times and cleaning it all up it should work out ok.

NEVER USE STARTING FLUID IN A MARINE ENGINE