A funny thing happened today.......

dozerII

Admiral
is winter over yet?

I'm a little worried about that comment for up here, as we have only had about a week of winter so far, yesterday was +8c today is forecast the same, I know before March 20th we are going to get winter:eek:

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer
That old push pull switch not working. Take it apart and clean the contacts. Yes I'm cheap.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
One of the nice things about old stuff - Repairable.

GA_Boater

:thumb: The new stuff is glued together and usually falls apart trying to get them open. Good save, tpg.

tgp***

hello, been gone for a bit, (life got busy) but I'm back to working on the 67' Jupiter...lol...
Hope to finish it this spring. Looks like a lot of great projects in the works out there...

tgp***

here's what I've been working on...Seat boxes...bartered (basicly free) for a couple of used (but very nice) Garelick eze-in's

Attachments

• photo284716.jpg
    photo284716.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • photo284717.jpg
    photo284717.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • photo284718.jpg
    photo284718.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nice work on the boxes and those seats look to be good sized, 'big man' seat :joyous:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Welcome back! I just re-read the entire thread. Still lots of good info there!

Nice progress. Really liking those seats and the boxes has got me thinking about options on my Kingfisher project. :eagerness:

tgp***

Progress...lol... I started this thread in 2015...lol
there is paint on the hull, deck and transom in...can't find the photo's of that..(lost for eternity i suppose),
However, now that life has settled a bit down, I'm finding time to work on it again... was in the garage the whole time til this fall when I covered it and pulled it out back for the winter. Still needs a motor too. if I put a 50 hp i won't need separate insurance it would be covered under my Homeowners & Umbrella policy. However rated for 80 hp. I have another 67' Merc 650 SS but it needs some attention. I will post more photo's soon. I know I always enjoyed the photo's of everyone's work.

been home sick with flu the last couple days, so I have time to surf the net..lol

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Take care, that flu has been pretty bad for some :sick:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Progress...lol... I started this thread in 2015...
Same here! I got my Kingfisher in May 2015 and started working on it right away. Really motivated at that time and did a quick refurb and put back on the water less than 3 months later. Then used it for a couple years and started on a full restore and repower... over a year ago!

It's been in my garage since then and progress has been sporadic at times. But just as in your case, each little thing that gets done is one more item removed from the to-do list! Keep on keepin' on! :thumb:

Yes, beware the flu! It's a bad one this year.

tgp***

lots of time for surfing when your not feeling the best...found 2 islanders for sale for $1500 w/OMC's ...lol...like I need another boat.

tgp***

Trying to find the part number for the the bracket to attach cable pulley steering to a 1967 650 Merc...any help would be appreciated

tgp***

LMAO.../ yep...When i did the search on line that picture of my old Nassau came up.. I have another 67" 650 SS for the Jupiter.. Found lots of Johnnyrudes, and one for small mercs..

GA_Boater

Same problem - Lots for J/E's, not so many for Mercs.

I'll have to look at mine tomorrow. It's a '66 500, but pretty sure the same bracket.

No - You can't have it :D, but maybe it has a number stamped on it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I think I might have a couple of those set ups here in the shop, which 650 do you have? If you can send me a private note with the serial number of your motor and I will double check to see if what I have will work with your motor.

I know that I have one in a boat I am getting ready to strip and get rid of and another set up I took out of one of my older boats.