A funny thing happened today.......

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Take a look at the pic again, see all the oil on the gearcase. Since the motor isn't thru the prop exhaust I know it's not 2 smoke oil. Only leaves one other assumption, gear oil.

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Take a look at the pic again, see all the oil on the gearcase. Since the motor isn't thru the prop exhaust I know it's not 2 smoke oil. Only leaves one other assumption, gear oil.

Another good reason to join this forum. Saves time and money! Thanks Watermann good catch. I would have never have caught that. Bummer, that was in my wheelhouse price wise. May still pick it up for parts though, you don't find many whole motors at that price. Not going to rush up there though.

Thanks again.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Doesn't the motor look like it has a short to long shaft conversion on it too? More Ebay or CL $$$.

tgp***

Work has really gotten in the way of my boat rebuilding.:grumpy:

tgp***

Finally something to show. Trailer work almost complete. was not a good year to work on boats or go fishing. no time, This project will be long and slow going.

GA_Boater

Trailer is looking good, tpg.

Including the Bottom Feeder tongue jack, too. :D

I still need to put a couple of the tilting front bunks on mine to help guide the bow.

You're a long way from this wagon;

100_3560_zpsosk6i5bt.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Finally something to show. Trailer work almost complete. was not a good year to work on boats or go fishing. no time, This project will be long and slow going.

Yeah I'm liking the black and white :thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
Very nice job on the trailer, I hear ya on work getting in the way.

Decker83

Commander
Trailer looks great.. Life does get in the way of boat work..:facepalm: ​

tgp***

Got some good news today. Looks like i'll be able to get a title for the Jupiter.

Here's the story.
When I went to the DNR office the other day. The DNR gave me the instructions on how to get a title for old boat w/ no title. The boat had to have been titled/registered in Wisconsin (Out of state boats you are not able to do this) .The had me send the last known registered owner (which they printed out) a certified letter and a Duplicate Title application, and the $5 fee. Then you wait 3 weeks and see how things play out. Boat hadn't been registered in some time. Most likely changed hands several times too..

The DNR process goes like this, if the letter comes back unopened. you take the unopened letter to the DNR . Fill out the forms, pay the fees and you can still get a title. Or, if the letter comes back w/ the form signed and your check back you can still get a title paying the fees, or 3rd'ly you get a signed title back, transfer form and pay the fees and your done.

So , the gentleman I mailed the form, $5, and a short letter w/phone # to. He called me. Explained to him again what I needed. Said he didn't remember owning the boat but would go and get a title and send it back to me. Nice person to do that for me, when he didn't have to.

That's all I got on boat action. Weather starting to turn. looks like I'may have lost my window for tying to get paint on the hull. Holiday has been wrapped up for winter already. Still have some small bugs to work out on her too.

Next up the Holidays and relatives.:facepalm:..........:laugh:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Sounds like the PO (?) will carry out the title work. Hope so, T.

Decker83

Commander
Sounds like you have it going your way with the title.. Must be a heck ofa nice guy..

tgp***

Signed title came in the mail today. Winner, winner chicken dinner!

I sprayed the Jupiter hull today. Gave it the ol' driveway special in 49 degree weather . Sun was shining on the black top so it seemed warmer. Used acetone w/ my Marine Rustolem for a for a fast evap, i'll wheel it back out in the sun again tomorrow. May need to buff or second coat though, not sure yet, we"ll see. I didn't have my glasses on so I had re-shoot over a couple spots that were thin, and we all know what happens then. Main thing its coated before snow flies.

I got some new bottom feeder ideas for finishing this one i'm waiting to try. Was fun having some time to work on boat.

I have some horse trading to do over the, there are a few things I need. Time to dig through the shed and and work Ebay and C-list for cash and parts. Good things to do over winter... Nice part is I have enough left over flotation and enough leftover marine plywood for a transom.

Just remenber, "you can't fish all day if you don't start in the morning". wait..... That's not how that saying goes............:D,

Last edited:

tgp***

Went looking for this the other day. Found it.

Great source of info for old boat design, lots of topics. Reference it many times rebuilding the Nassau.
Check it out. You can down a PDF copy.

I think I may print off a hard too (at work :D).

Last edited:

tgp***

Anyone have source for the little windshield clips? took apart the windshield to clean and polish it. will need some new clips.
Used the Novus cleaner and polish. Cleaned up fair, for 58 year old piece of plastic. Definitely better than it was. Now I need to polish up the aluminum frame and put back together. Unfortunately all the little a re pretty rusty. Not to hope on finding them. Thinking I can always drill through a fasten through the frame.