Got an offer on my 58 Starcraft Jet Star

peoriaone

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1958 Starcraft Jet star I picked up last Winter. Boat is original and the engine is in great shape. Mostly cleaning, stripped / painted the floor, painted the deck, added a flag/horn/light combo on front, etc.. Here is my question. I have around $1800 in this boat and was offered $3500 this past weekend. I really have no frame of reference to what it is worth. The boat came with the original owners manual,glow pole, boarding ladder, etc.. My first reaction was take the money but thought I would see what others thought... Input welcome. Thanks

Attachments

• photo224309.jpg
    photo224309.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Have you searched for similar boats for sale on Ebay and other sites?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If the first offer is $3.5K, counter with something over $4K. If he flinches, drop some. Barter back and forth.

Also the potential buyer knows how much your investment is - Not good for negotiating. You should edit your first post. - Just suggestion, Peoria.

peoriaone

Seaman Apprentice
If the first offer is $3.5K, counter with something over $4K. If he flinches, drop some. Barter back and forth.

Also the potential buyer knows how much your investment is - Not good for negotiating. You should edit your first post. - Just suggestion, Peoria.
Thanks, they are not online looking. He just saw it over the weekend, I have his contact info. Got the feeling it was his highest offer. Actually think it is more than fair

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
if you want the cash, take it. A gain is a gain.

also I've never felt like letting people know what I have in it is a bad thing if you are not 'needing' to sell. It's mine, you want it, I want XX you want to spend XX lets talk.

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
I always think a fair deal is a price a seller is willing to accept and a buyer is willing to pay. As a buyer, I can never complain about over paying for something because I was willing to pay it.