Starcraft super sport

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Can you explain a bit more. Do you need to know what to replace the deck with or what's under the deck? The Starcraft section here is filled with Starcraft SS info with bazillions of photos. And a bunch of helpful Starcrafters. :D

GA_Boater

There is only flotation foam under the deck with some aluminum stringers that run from back to front. No wood unless you mean the deck itself - If it is from the factory 1/2" plywood.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Lets move this over to the SC forum. But you'll need to post some pix. Super Sports have a U shaped aluminum bench support up front:
fetch

The cushions have a wooden base, but the U shaped base is aluminum.

dimension12

Cadet
Above the front bench is a strip of wood you can see in the pic you posted. That is what I am missing.

Tnstratofam

Commander
What size SS do you have? I have a 16 and can go meassure mine in a little while, but if yours is an 18 it will be longer.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
I refer to that as a header...since it also holds-up the bow joists. It can be a bit tricky to install.

see post #1127 to see how it all fits together under there.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
classic probably did it right, he is what I did that works but them little bolts at each end were a pain.

image_223511.jpg image_223512.jpg

I added aluminum angle across there so I could slide two pieces in. When done with out influence of the wrong hydration, it can turn out nicer! :D
image_223516.jpg

Attachments

• image_223512.jpg
    image_223512.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1

dimension12

Cadet
Perfect guys. Exactly what I was looking for. Under orders from the Chief of the Boat to put one in. Thanks

GA_Boater

Understand now. That piece of wood is like the closed bow model dashboards. The SC factory hangs the wood from the ceiling and builds the rest of the boat around it. Very difficult to replace as one piece unless the AL bow cover is removed first because it's trapped.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Understand now. That piece of wood is like the closed bow model dashboards. The SC factory hangs the wood from the ceiling and builds the rest of the boat around it. Very difficult to replace as one piece unless the AL bow cover is removed first because it's trapped.

I think its beyond difficult. the first piece I cut was to fit. Then I realized I really didnt want to take that bow apart. Only because I had done so much already. Next one I do that step will be in the correct order! Learn as you go thats for sure!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

:lol: that about sums up the process of trying to replace the bow cover supports without removing the cover.The wood supports are put in first at the factory and then the bow cover piece is added on top, although on an SS there isn't much of a bow cover compared to the closed bow SC boats.