New tank at my house

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
The bracket looks great! A shame about the warped skin though (insert "it'll buff out" joke here).
I don't know anything about welding, but is it possible to reheat the skin and clamp it flat to some plywood or something? Or will you have to cut that piece out?

nsjames

Seaman Apprentice
The bracket looks great! A shame about the warped skin though (insert "it'll buff out" joke here).
I don't know anything about welding, but is it possible to reheat the skin and clamp it flat to some plywood or something? Or will you have to cut that piece out?
I know more about welding than I do boats.

Yes, a torch and some time and you can take the warp out. He needs to shrink the metal that expanded.
oxy/ace, some dollies and a wet rag and it happens. It's gonna suck to do a panel that sized.

If it were me, I'd strongly consider replacing the whole thing.

Last edited:

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
I know more about welding than I do boats.

Yes, a torch and some time and you can take the warp out. He needs to shrink the metal that expanded.
oxy/ace, some dollies and a wet rag and it happens. It's gonna suck to do a panel that sized.

If it were me, I'd strongly consider replacing the whole thing.

if you guys were talking about my transom....I eventually got most of it out with tips I read from the TIN MAN book I have..

w7xuuo.jpg

bob