I have returned... with a Starcraft this time!

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
The coyotes in Maine are much bigger and some think they have cross bred with wolves in Canada before their recent population expansion here. this was taken in my back yard, and I have seen much bigger animals than this. Starcraft content: perhaps someone needs to put a game camera in BWR's backyard to capture an image of that elusive mystery boat.

coyote.jpg coyote2.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
The coyotes in Maine are much bigger and some think they have cross bred with wolves in Canada before their recent population expansion here. this was taken in my back yard, and I have seen much bigger animals than this. Starcraft content: perhaps someone needs to put a game camera in BWR's backyard to capture an image of that elusive mystery boat.

Yeah, I saw a show about those northern cross breeding coyotes. Interesting in a scary kinda way.

My buddy is out there working right now. And if some theoretical Starcraft would happen to wander into the compound, it won't be able to escape! :lol:

Pix this morning of the fence progress so far.
fence1.jpg

fence2.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
More progress pix. It's amazing what a strong young farm boy can do in a short period of time. Looks like it'll all be done today. Still have to figure out gate options too. :)

Have much work to do after the fence is finished. Going to be clearing the trees next to the boat shelter and removing the Saw Palmetto bushes as well. Need lots of room to maneuver the truck and whatnot behind that shelter so that I can put "stuff" back there. ;)

Am going to have to redo my driveway as well, in order to match the runway-straight line of the fence. May even extend the fence all the way up to the road, which is some 400' away. Gonna mull that one over for awhile before making a firm decision because it'll be on the right-of-way, not just my property. It's legit to put it on the ROW, but I dunno if I want to bother with it yet.

Fence is going up nicely. My buddy dug those 6 holes and installed the posts in about 10 minutes!
bf1.jpg

Still waiting for the weather to cool a bit so that I can get back to work on the little Starcraft Kingfisher. Am feeling physically a wee bit better though and that's important too. :)
bf2.jpg

These scraggly trees have to come out. Need room to maneuver back there!
bf3.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
The fence is 99% done. It rained most of the day yesterday and has been off and on today, so not quite finished. Still have one corner left and am thinking about what gate to get. The driveway is 15' wide so a 14' gate would be easiest, I suppose.

Looking good so far though! My buddy pointed out that I didn't need to continue the fence all the way to the road. We just added a section from my corner over to the neighbors corner. It actually covers access to the adjacent lot but that's okay. The lot has been vacant for years and isn't being used. If the owner ever shows up and wants the section removed, no problemo. Meanwhile, having that section covered and with my new gate in place should keep the nimrods out. I hope.

While I was out there taking pix, my neighbor told me that he's seen the riffraff nimrods using my driveway and walking through the adjacent lot even when I'm not home. Right past the Kingfisher. Not good. Hence the fence!

But which sign to use? :D

81wxuzBzExL._SL1500_.jpg

91SObOBvCLL._SL1500_.jpg

fence2.jpg

fence3.jpg

fence4.jpg

fence5.jpg

fence6.jpg

fence7.jpg

fence1.jpg

Attachments

• 81wxuzBzExL._SL1500_.jpg
    81wxuzBzExL._SL1500_.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 2
  • fence2.jpg
    fence2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 2

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
There's something about guard dogs that makes riffraff take notice.

Fence-Security-Sign-K-7049.gif
images

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
There's something about guard dogs that makes riffraff take notice.

Fence-Security-Sign-K-7049.gif
images
I'm allergic to dogs. And in 3 seconds I can empty a mag into a dog. Even a 2-legged one! :facepalm: :lol:

Weather is finally going to cooperate a little! Yeheyy! Down to 60 out there now and supposed to drop to the mid-40s overnight with a high tomorrow in the mid-60s. Might be able to get in a bit of work on the Kingfisher if I don't get sidetracked with fence and other yard work. Got my chainsaw repaired and out of the shop yesterday and there are plenty of trees calling to me from the back 40.

Guess I'll be making 2-stroke VROOM VROOM brappp brappp noises either way! :pound:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
You don't actually have to buy a dog. :lol:

Don't forget your chap stick when out in the boat, them lips can get all dried out bad when doing motorboat noises. :happy:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Woo hoo! Down to 41 out there and dropping a little more. Humidity is still high though, so that "brisk" feeling isn't in the air. But it''s a nice relief from the extended summer we've had this year.

Am gonna check with Tractor Supply this morning to see if they have my gate in stock. If they do, I'll make that the priority, go pick it up and let my buddy know. Need to keep on rolling on the fence project so that the perimeter is secure for the boatyard! Gotta move some stuff around. :lol:

temp11-23-15.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
41 is above our predicted high today.....

Good luck w the gate queat

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Picked up the gate and one more post this morning. My buddy says he should be able to get it mounted today. Beautiful weather out there this morning!

gate.jpg

Attachments

• gate.jpg
    gate.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 2

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I am so sick of being sick! :blue:

Had another episode shortly after my post this morning. Knocked me on my backside and nothing got done after that.

Got a doc appointment set for day after tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to make some improvements. :disturbed:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Rest up.

Not to soon to start the mental planning for the next tinny. If you need help or suggestions, just post a pix of it, we'll lend a hand.....
(Not too subtle ^^^ is it?)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Rest up.

Not to soon to start the mental planning for the next tinny. If you need help or suggestions, just post a pix of it, we'll lend a hand.....
(Not too subtle ^^^ is it?)
Yeahhh... a guy can always dream, right? :sad:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Got stabbed in the throat this morning. Several times. By a friend. On purpose.

But I'm okay with it.

Had a medical procedure done on my throat at the VA this morning to treat what had been my primary disability/condition. I've had a dozen surgeries on my throat before and the attempt this morning was to treat the condition without going for more surgery, which causes more scar tissue and has risks associated with anesthesia.

So UGH. The procedure didn't go well. I was awake the whole time and my body instinctively fought being stabbed! :eek: :lol:

I've decided that I won't take that course again. Have a follow-up appointment in 4 weeks to check for effectiveness. Will decide what to do based on results at that time.

Tomorrow morning I go back to meet with Rheumatology about GCA, my now-primary health issue. Hoping to find some effective treatment for that so I can get the heck on with boat stuff!! :rolleyes:

Fence still not done. Gate still not up. Beautiful weather is keeping my buddy busy working.

Maybe I'll be able to get some kind of work done over the Thanksgiving holiday. Boat. Landscape. Fence. Something. I hope! :joyous:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!

Fence is done! Gate is up! Signs are posted! My buddy came over and "we" finished the job this morning. If me standing around sipping coffee counts at all. :lol:

And the scumbags apparently climbed the fence at some point over the last few days while I've been gone. The fence in the corner has been climbed on and is bent down. There are footprints inside the fence too. :mad: :rant::yell:

Went to the doc yesterday and got a "booster" shot. It helped. Am feeling better. Will likely have to increase the med dose yet again, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. But the med makes me really cranky. Too bad for the scumbags!! They best hide from me! :peep:

View from about 30' inside the drive off the road. At some point I'm going to have to redo the driveway to accommodate the correct driveway path. The front sign correctly aligns with the property line all the way to the back. Been using it as it is for 9 years now but I suppose it's getting time to make a few more changes.
f1.jpg

Gate closed. Boatyard compound secured! Why, if ya look really close, you can even see the Kingfisher. :D
f2.jpg

My drive & parking area.
f3.jpg

Upper right corner of pic is where the criminals climbed the fence. Hopefully, it's a one time event and they won't do it again. New sign installed this morning. Dunno if I'll have to also put up the "shoot" sign as well. :p
f4.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
I recommend a game camera, perhaps more then 1 and find out EXACTLY what your local trespassing laws and regs are.

In many places, w/out emmenient life threatening danger, shooting someone on your property may not go well. Might win in court, but that might be a long slow process. IIRC, Florida law is that the tresspasser must be attempting forcible entry to your house, while you're inside AND you must be fearful for you and your family's lives otherwise you may face charges for shooting them.

Good luck, tell your buddy he done nice work.... wish the neighbors would respect it.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I recommend a game camera, perhaps more then 1 and find out EXACTLY what your local trespassing laws and regs are.

In many places, w/out emmenient life threatening danger, shooting someone on your property may not go well. Might win in court, but that might be a long slow process. IIRC, Florida law is that the tresspasser must be attempting forcible entry to your house, while you're inside AND you must be fearful for you and your family's lives otherwise you may face charges for shooting them.

Good luck, tell your buddy he done nice work.... wish the neighbors would respect it.
Yahhh.. I'm familiar with FL laws. No worry there. Thanks for the cautionary note though. :joyous:

And hopefully the intruders will get the message and stop trying. I understand what they want... just to cross somebody else's property for a few hundred yards instead of walking several miles around via the roads. But that's their problem, not the landowners problem.

I bought a game camera the other day and set it up last night because of a different intruder. Some critter has broken into the skirting vent under the house. We hear it clunking through the breech and under the house at night between 2145 and 2245 every night. Dunno if it's coming or going at the time though. Set the cam up last night but no pix even though we heard the thing. Need to adjust the cam a bit I guess. Will set it up again tonight.

And I'll move the cam to overlook the gate area to check on the 2-legged animals after I deal with the 4-legged critter! :laugh: