what year is this starcraft?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Not a problem by me. but from my experience the trailer shouldn't make a difference as long as it's sized correctly with the boat.

This is just my opinion again but as I've mentioned in other threads from what I've been seeing the price of used boats has gone up substantially this spring as compared to the last few years. I don't know if it's because the economy is improving or what.

Also again I think the $1200 asking price for the hull and trailer is fair by the condition of the pictures and still don't believe the outboard is worth $1800.00. At least it wouldn't be to me as I can find those same outboards in my location for half that price in VGC..

Fishermen Steve

Seaman Apprentice
Okay, I went and looked at the boat today and it is a Jupiter model. I realy liked it and looked it over real good. Everything was fine except the floor. It was shot and the owner would only come down $200.00 on the boat/trailer and $1800.00 on the engine. So I walked away........ I continue my search.

Steve

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Walking away isn't a bad thing if you are looking for something to get in and go. Then again if you are looking for something to put a little sweat equity into then that $1000.00 might not be too bad for the hull and trailer. Not familiar with your area so it's hard to judge.

Example though would be this from my area. I have a 1975 hp Johnson that is a very strong runner and have been trying to sell it for 2 years already. I'm only asking $350.00 for it and can't sell it because there are so many available in that hp. Even mid to late 80's engines are only bringing a few hundred dollars more. I've even been watching a couple early 90's 50hp that they can't seem to sell for even just $1000.00

Furrylittleotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Good on you, walking away. I never go to look at anything unless I'm prepared to walk away. Personally, that boat doesn't look multi-functional enough for me. basically just a runabout, they are a dime a dozen in 'glass.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:

64osby

Admiral
Steve what are you looking for in a boat? Fishing, fish & ski, family, what type of water will you be on?

Good to see you walked away. The pics did show a bit of snow on the floor. The motor seemed really high.

Looks like there a few out in NH or close, it's just a matter of finding the right one for you.

I personally stay far away from fiberglass boats.

bonz d has a great point about pricing. Everything I see here in the mid-west is high. Maybe I should be selling.:eek:

Fishermen Steve

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking for a fishing boat (trolling and still fishing) that I can use for my family of five to cruze the Connecticut River and go on lakes and small ponds. Also for some occasional tubing. A sixteen to nineteen foot boat fits me best. I dont' care about horse power. I know I'll find one I just need to be patient.

Steve

64osby

Admiral
That fiberglass boat will weigh more than the Starcraft open bow.

Furrylittleotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats amazing, they built a boat with an interior as crowded as an inboard with none of the power, fuel economy, lack of smelly exhaust or any other benefits, yet its an outboard.

I don't know much about boats but a small glasser would appear to weigh more than a big aluminum, which is why I bought the latter, especially when you figure in the saturated foam under that floor. Man I'm itching just thinking about it!

Neil