1977 StarCraft 18' SS restore

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I see what you're doing with the matching of angles to the tank bottom. Will the tank fit under the deck?

Decker83

Commander
Thanks BWR.. Slowly but surely..
Watermann, the tank will set below the deck. All of the fittings are at the very end of the tank, so I will let the dog house extend over the fittings..
I will try and mount the tank next weekend if (big if) the Admiral doesn't have me doing all kinds of Christmas shopping..:D

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
It's a thing of beauty to see a clean inside like that.
A question, is it worth it now that it's bare, to add the extra tabs on the sides?
Seems like it wouldn't take much to get them in.

Dan

Decker83

Commander
It's a thing of beauty to see a clean inside like that.
A question, is it worth it now that it's bare, to add the extra tabs on the sides?
Seems like it wouldn't take much to get them in.

Dan

Hey Dan
Welcome aboard.. If I understand the question right, StarCraft put a solid piece of aluminum all the way down the sides.. If you look at the above pics you will see them.
Is this what your question is about?

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
Yes and no, I was thinking about the little tabs that they added that have been shown on other builds, but this is far better then the tabs.
I just didn't look close enough the 1st time to notice it was an added piece.

Hey Dan
Welcome aboard.. If I understand the question right, StarCraft put a solid piece of aluminum all the way down the sides.. If you look at the above pics you will see them.
Is this what your question is about?

Decker83

Commander
Yes and no, I was thinking about the little tabs that they added that have been shown on other builds, but this is far better then the tabs.
I just didn't look close enough the 1st time to notice it was an added piece.

StarCraft didn't seam to do this on a lot of the boats I see here on I-boats.. Saved me a lot of work..

Decker83

Commander
I was able to sneak in a few hours on the boat this weekend..
Have the gas tank mounted. I used some 1x2x1/8 angle with the 1/4 neoprene rubber between the tank and the angles..
I am going to be close to the underside of the deck close to the motor.. I am going to put two strips of the neoprene on top of the tank in this area
to keep the deck from laying against the tank for added support. Here are some pics.
100_3920 (Large).JPG

100_3921 (Large).JPG

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
Hi Decker, looks good. I love the model Starcraft you are working on. I'm Somewhat new to this site. I plan to follow along with you. I will be working on a project myself in the Spring (don't have anywhere to work in the winter). I wanted to ask if you can post some pictures of the top corners of your transom, before you put the cap back on. I'll be replacing my transom which is similar to yours. It's all new to me, so the pictures and any information you can offer is very helpful, thank you.

Decker83

Commander
:welcome: aboard 66Holidayl/0924.
Thanks for the kind words. All of the pictures I have are posted here on the forum.
Hope that helps you out..

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
I was interested in seeing a couple of up close pictures of the top corners. It's not a big deal. Looking forward to following along :popcorn:.

Decker83

Commander
What has happen to the pic posting. I can't post my pic any more ..
Can someone help me with this? I keep getting a unknown error.

Decker83

Commander
I am trying the camera and the battery with the fish hook inside it. All I get is the unknown error..
Thanks for the link. I will check it out..