1977 StarCraft 18' SS restore

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah going forward should be no problem at all but I wouldn't let a brother in law back it up if I were you. :lol:

Decker83

Commander
It's been awhile since I last posted.. Haven't given up on the tiny.. In May we had 20 days of rain out of the 31 days.. That alone made it hard to work outside.
Then the A/C went out on my home and had to put my SUV in the shop for a valve job.. The shop has had it for 3 weeks now.. Maybe I'll get it back next week.
In the mean time I took the Admiral to Richland Chambers for some fishing this morning..
Here is a couple of pics..
IMG_5588.jpg

image1.jpg

Hope everyone has a great week..

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I think that amounts to about a mess and a half of fish.....

Church fish fry pending?

Looks like a good day on the water. Congrats

Watermann

Whoa now that's a serious pile of fish right there! Hope you had some help with an extra fillet knife or 2.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Wow, that is a lot of fish. Weather and commitments are getting in my way as well. These builds wouldn't be as interesting without setbacks. At least you are keeping yourself going with things like fishing trips. I bet you inspected that boat for ideas on yours while fishing. It counts as a research day in my book. Enjoy the fish fry.

dozerII

Admiral
Awesome catch Decker. It's great to get quality day like that out with the Admiral

Decker83

Commander
I think that amounts to about a mess and a half of fish.....

Church fish fry pending?

Looks like a good day on the water. Congrats
Thanks for the ideal JB.. Church fish fry would be fun..

Whoa now that's a serious pile of fish right there! Hope you had some help with an extra fillet knife or 2.

It was a lot of fun.. But I didn't have to clean a one of them.. My daughter gave me a guided trip for fathers day.. So the guide did all the fileting.. We had
six big one gallon size zip lock bags..

Nice haul! :thumb:

Thanks BWR.. We caught a lot more, but had to release them because of size..

Wow, that is a lot of fish. Weather and commitments are getting in my way as well. These builds wouldn't be as interesting without setbacks. At least you are keeping yourself going with things like fishing trips. I bet you inspected that boat for ideas on yours while fishing. It counts as a research day in my book. Enjoy the fish fry.

I don't mind a few set backs now and then, especially if I can go fishing..
This guide has a 250 hp Yamaha 4 cycle hanging off the transom.. That thing was so quiet it was unreal.. It could put his 24 ft boat on plane in no time..
The trolling motor was a 36 volt minn kota that would connect with his Lowrance fish finder.. He would get us on the fish and lock in the gps from the captain seat,
and the trolling motor did the rest..
I keep telling the Admiral over and over how easy it was for the guide to have such a setup.. Do you think she might of got the hint?

Awesome catch Decker. It's great to get quality day like that out with the Admiral

Thanks dozerll, It's been way too long since we have done any fishing like this.. The Admiral is sore today from catching all the fish..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I keep telling the Admiral over and over how easy it was for the guide to have such a setup.. Do you think she might of got the hint?

No, but keep tryin'. LOL

Nice bunch of fish, Deck!

Decker83

Commander
I can't believe how long its been since I did any work on the SS..:facepalm:
I used the power washer to clean her out this morning and let her dry out..
I used some aluminum cleaner on the transom and engine area and power washed that down again.
Shot some SE primer and then some rusto clean metal primer.. Will shoot some rusto white tomorrow..
Here's a pic..

100_3572.jpg

Last edited:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I can't believe how long its been since I did any work on the SS..:facepalm:
I used the power washer to clean her out this morning and let her dry out..
I used some aluminum cleaner on the transom and engine area and power washed that down again.
Shot some SE primer and then some rusto clean metal primer.. Will shoot some rusto white tomorrow..
Here's a pic..
All right, Decker! Progress being made for sure. Not like me; just lounging around and goofing off! :lol:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Keep on keeping on Decker. It sure took you a long time to filet all those fish. Lol

Watermann

I hear ya and feel your pain on the lack of progress Decker we're in the same boat it seems.

Its_Ya_Boy

Cadet
Did you ever find any poly resin local? I had read your Lo Decker thread and saw that you had asked. You can PM me if you want the info.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Great looking truck Decker. I love the keystone classics you got on her. They bring back memories of my car addicted youth. I'm happy you didn't go for the gold ones. I wasn't a fan of them.

Decker83

Commander
Great looking truck Decker. I love the keystone classics you got on her. They bring back memories of my car addicted youth. I'm happy you didn't go for the gold ones. I wasn't a fan of them.

Thanks Patfromny.
I bought the Keystones back in 1987 when the Admiral bought the truck..
Didn't know they made them in gold..:eek:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yep, the center parts were gold anodized. Not my cup of tea. Gold anodizing was big back then. Moroso made gold valve covers that were popular which I didn't care for either. I was happy to see the gold fad go away to tell you the truth. That is a tough looking truck though. I love the lines. What is under the hood? 318 or 360? One of my first street races was against a lil' red truck. Remeber those? He gave me a run for my money. Boy did I learn my lesson there. Always check the car out before running. I got him but by a bumper maybe. I think he had a 360 with a ton of work done to it but it looked bone stock on the outside and even sounded pretty stock. Hard to tell with those stacks for exhaust.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Had a grey one as teenager. Bought for 800$ and sold for 1k$ i think. I loved the space that thing had! Id get one again if i could.