1977 StarCraft 18' SS restore

Decker83

Commander
Trailer is looking real good Decker, looking forward to seeing that nice shiney hull back on it:D

Thanks dozerll.. Getting a little excited myself.. Still have a few more things to do yet..

Did get the new LED lights today..:D

Decker83

Commander
Great looking trailer work

Now, about all that green stuff in your yard.....

Mine was 20in deep in fluffy white stuff a week ago
Now its an uneven mix of dirty white and mud brown :(

Have a good week

Thanks jbc.. I don't know what I'd do with that much white stuff here..
Think I kinda like the green stuff..:D

jbcurt00

Staff member
Love ta hate ya big guy...

Now I've got a yard thats 1/2 mud pit and 1/2 primordial swamp :blue:

Hope you've got great boat or trailer building weather this weekend

Decker83

Commander
Did some more work on the trailer today.. Did the wiring for the lights.. Cut some wood for the fenders and coated with spar..
Painted the wheels for 2nd coat..
Have the hubs ready to repack with grease.. Just a lot of nit picking work today..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Sorry forgot to add that I just used the Weldwood contact cement.

Decker83

Commander
I had a 3 day weekend and spent 2 1/2 of them sick in bed.. Today was just to nice not to try and do something..
Bought some Carlisle radial tires and had them mounted and balanced..
Repack the wheel bearings and hubs.. Cleaned the Buddy bearing and made sure they worked..
Have all the wire ran but still need to hook up the lights.. Use some exterior self sticking pads with zip ties to help hold the wires in place..
Put on a new swing back wheel lift.. Put on 2 of the bunks.. Need to get the hull back on the trailer to set the other 2..
Put on the carpet covered wood for the inside of the fenders..
Here is a couple of pics.. Still need to put the wheels back on the trailer..

100_3541.jpg

100_3542.jpg

100_3543.jpg

Maybe next weekend I can put the hull back on the trailer..

Last edited:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Looks great decker! cant wait to see the hull on the trailer and the craft in the water!

dpotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looking good there. I still have all that ahead of me. At least I picked up the trailer yesterday.

Watermann

I like the tighty whitey look :thumb:

Those sticky wire loops I tried on my Chief up inside the gunnels and they lasted about 3 weeks before falling off. Seems that foam stuff isn't very good on the ones I got. I was surprised to see your trailer isn't a full tube so you don't have much for options besides the loops. I think if those start coming off you could stop by the auto parts house and get some of that double sided stick um stuff that you use to put on car trim and badges. It won't come off without force and heat being applied.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The wagon looks real good, Decker.

For a C-channel frame, these wire holder oners work great and don't come off. I never had any luck with the stick-ons.
wire holder oner.PNG

Last edited:

Decker83

Commander
Looks great decker! cant wait to see the hull on the trailer and the craft in the water!
I keep telling myself that day will come..(LOL) Thanks

Looking good there. I still have all that ahead of me. At least I picked up the trailer yesterday.
Thanks dpotter.. I don't much like the work, but I do like the end results..

I like the tighty whitey look :thumb:

Those sticky wire loops I tried on my Chief up inside the gunnels and they lasted about 3 weeks before falling off. Seems that foam stuff isn't very good on the ones I got. I was surprised to see your trailer isn't a full tube so you don't have much for options besides the loops. I think if those start coming off you could stop by the auto parts house and get some of that double sided stick um stuff that you use to put on car trim and badges. It won't come off without force and heat being applied.
Thanks for the heads up on the on the double sided sticky stuff.. The factory only used 2 of them in the front section of the trailer.. So if they come off I wont
be out to much..

The wagon looks real good, Decker.

For a C-channel frame, these wire holder oners work great and don't come off. I never had any luck with the stick-ons.
I have some of them in the light kit I bought.. If I have to I'll use them..

Decker83

Commander
Hey guys. Been a while since my last post..
I finally have the hull back on the trailer.. Need to change the bow stop so the hull can come forward about 5".. May make a whole new type of stop..
Have made some temples for the transom.. Need to locate some 3/4" plywood around here..
Cut out the key hole and drilled the holes..
If the rain stays away for a while I cut the transom and seal with spar.. Have to do this outside.. No more room in the garage..
Here are some pics for the day..

100_3548.jpg

100_3550.jpg

100_3547.jpg

100_3549.jpg

Happy Easter..

Last edited:

Watermann

Yeah Decker that is quite the different bow stop and it doesn't appear to be very movement friendly. :lol:

If you're looking for a model to pattern after, one of the most common and IMHO one of the best bow stops are these like on my Chief chariot. Strong and totally adjustable.

IMAG1415.jpg

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
It's really starting to come together there Decker! Is the outer transom skin gettin' the shine-treatment as well?

Decker83

Commander
Yeah Decker that is quite the different bow stop and it doesn't appear to be very movement friendly. :lol:

If you're looking for a model to pattern after, one of the most common and IMHO one of the best bow stops are these like on my Chief chariot. Strong and totally adjustable.

IMAG1415.jpg

Thanks for the pic.. That looks a lot like what I had in mind..

It's really starting to come together there Decker! Is the outer transom skin gettin' the shine-treatment as well?

Thanks.. I think I'm going to paint the transom white.. Too many bucktail rivets to try and polish around..

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
I know it's not water, but it's oddly satisfying to see a boat back on wheels.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I know it's not water, but it's oddly satisfying to see a boat back on wheels.

The next best thing is wet wheels! :D

Your bow stop is odd, Decker. Not having a main beam or extended tongue to attach to is going to take some thinking.