1977 StarCraft 18' SS restore

Decker83

Commander
There are some real benefits to living in the north and the lac of those is a good one.

That is a good reason to live up north.. Plus the fishing looks better from here..

Hey Decker!!! Another question...Is there some advantageous to painting the bottom? I had thought about painting mine red...but I really like the sparkle of the tin.

I don't know of any.. I just didn't want to buff the bottom.. That's a lot of aluminum to buff.. But they do look great all buffed out..

actually saw that once with a banded water snake in Florida eating a bass we caught it and put it on the dock and once it actually swallowed it you could see the shape of the fish inside it and shortly after it just dissolve to its normal snake shape it was crazy.

When I see a snake that big, I go the other way fast..

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
Your project is looking amazing Decker! Are you planning on any product to protect the shine?

Decker83

Commander
Your project is looking amazing Decker! Are you planning on any product to protect the shine?

I used the Busch Super Shine Aluminum Polish on it so far.. If you know of something better, let me know..
Thanks for the thumbs up..
Have a great Thanksgiving..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hope you and yours are stuffed with food and in a turkey induced coma. :D

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer
as said by many before me, that is an excellent and informative job on the polish deck , looking forward to following along on this project

Decker83

Commander
Thanks crankbait cowboy.. It's a lot of work, but I think it's worth it.. Welcome aboard.. :D

InMotion

Commander
Terrific job Decker.... from one polisher to another... it's a lot of work but it really has that WOW factor when it's all done. It'll last a while... especially if it isn't sitting in the water for months.

Enjoy the journey!!

Jim

Decker83

Commander
Thanks a lot Jim.. I really appreciate your words..
Hope I can make mine look as good as your boats..

Decker83

Commander
I had 2 beautiful days this weekend.. It was in the lower 60's and the sun was shining..
I did the last 2 buffing compounds and put on a nice sealant and wax.. Then covered the starboard side
with plastic..
Hope I can get in 1 or 2 more weekends before the winter sets in.. If so I will get the bottom primed and painted
and ready to go back on the trailer..
Hope you all have a great week and a better weekend..:D

Decker83

Commander
Been a few days since the last post.. Took a long vacation this week and had the last 2 days in the 70's..
So I took advantage of the weather and did some painting..
First I cleaned all the oxidation off the hull with a 5" SS wire cup brush..
Used the cleaning vinegar and water to clean the hull and then the pressure wash..
Used Rustoleum etching primer and then the Rustoleum clean white primer..
I will give the primer a light going over with some 600 grit and see if I need one more coat..
If the weather holds out for me..

100_3472.jpg

100_3473.jpg

100_3475.jpg

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas tomorrow..

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Had to click over and see what was shaken in Tinville !
Nice work as usual !. Whats the finish bottom color gunna be ?
Hope yall had a great Christmas Decker !

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Based on your truly excellent work so far I think we've get a very early strong candidate for the 2016 SOTY. You're killin' it, Decker!

Decker83

Commander
Excellent work as always, Decker! Lookin' good. :eagerness:
Thank you BWR..

nice work Decker. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Thanks hayko.. Same to you and yours..

Looking great

Merry Christmas
Thank you JB..

I really cant wait to see her on the water!

You and me both.. I keep seeing it in my minds eye.. (LOL)

Merry Christmas Decker!!!! Nice looking tinny!

Welcome aboard Saginawbayboater.. Thanks

Had to click over and see what was shaken in Tinville !
Nice work as usual !. Whats the finish bottom color gunna be ?
Hope yall had a great Christmas Decker !
Glad you dropped in Sam.. Going to be white.. We did have a great one, hope you and yours did too.

Based on your truly excellent work so far I think we've get a very early strong candidate for the 2016 SOTY. You're killin' it, Decker!
Thanks a lot chemicalwire.. I just hope this old man gets her done in 2016..:eek:

Decker83

Commander
Did some more painting today. Put the second coat of rusto on.. If I can get another 50 deg day I will shoot the last coat with the hardner in it..
Couple of pics..

100_3520.jpg

100_3521.jpg

Here's wishing you and yours a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2016:party::triumphant::peace::rockon:

Last edited: