this boat has a salt water engine or did someone just put a sticker on?

thebrain

Banned
this Starcraft has a salt water engine is the hull also designed for salt water?

this boat has a salt water engine is the hull also designed for salt water? I believe Starcraft did design a few aluimin boats as offshore slatwater models did they use a stronger paint to protect the hull for the salt? Thanks TB http://staugustine.craigslist.org/bod/4881953650.html

Bondo

Staff member
copy

Ayuh,.... Saltwater ain't acid, boats are boats,... It's how ya treat 'em that matters,....

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep ^^^^

The dealer offers water tests, so i expect they are confident the 2001 Merc is a good running, strong motor.

IF I could afford it (cant) I'd be all over a 2001 SC 19ftr w a 2001 Merc 125 for $8900, if the interior is as nice as it seems, and its been well maintained....

IMO, its 1 of the few used boats posted iboats asking about a possible purchace, that appear to be in good enough shape for the asking price. I might offer less, but not much less, its not likely to be around long sub $9K.

The water test makes or breaks it though, and since the dealer is suggesting it, I'd expect it to perform as expected and be in good shape.

BTW, why post it here instead of the SC forum?

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Bow riders and open bow fishing boats are not my idea of a good time on the ocean. As far as saltwater goes, if left to sit and eat away at the boat without cleaning or flushing your going to have issues with anything. Most sea going tin boats have no paint on them.

Did you give Rodney a call yet? Was wondering how you know it's a saltwater motor, ad only says Merc 125.

thebrain

Banned
this boat Fishmaster has a salt water engine or did someone just put a sticker on?

is the hull also designed for salt water?
I believe Starcraft did design a few aluimin boats as offshore slatwater models
did they use a stronger paint to protect the hull for the salt?
doe's this model have a engine hour counter?

the storeage inbetween seats is that for ski's?

Thanks TB
http://staugustine.craigslist.org/bod/4881953650.html

jbcurt00

Staff member
Essentially the same topic you started in the boat topics forum, which place would you like to leave it, i'll combine them to that forum.

I.think the serial # of the Merc should tell you if its a saltwater model from Mercury.

same reply to the rest as in you previous topic

Thanks John

thebrain

Banned
is the hull also designed for salt water?
I believe Starcraft did design a few aluimin boats as offshore slatwater models
did they use a stronger paint to protect the hull for the salt?
doe's this model have a engine hour counter?

the storeage inbetween seats is that for ski's?

Thanks TB

jbcurt00

Staff member
HERE in the SC forum or in the Boat topics forum? The topics you've started are the same, best to have 1.

So again, where do you want me to combine them? I can choose, and if I do it'll be here. The SC guys know their boats and will likely be the most help.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
When you start 5 threads on the same subject, you don't get much choice. It's all in the Starcraft section now.

GA_Boater

Merc does offer saltwater versions with some hardware and paint meant to last longer in salt. A Fishmaster is a Fishmaster. It's all about taking care with proper maintenance and cleaning.

thebrain

Banned
?1.doe's thisFishmaster model have a engine hour counter?

?2.the storeage inbetween seats is that for ski's?

?3.was this model not designed as offshore saltwater ? curious becauce of the saltwater engine also it was purchased new in St. aug, FL and obverviously used in the Atlantic Ocean.

?4.how many batterys doe's this model have?

as far as duplicate posts after I click summit all I see is a small message that says working.

Thanks TB

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
No, not to my knowledge

Possibly

No

However many batteries the previous owner left in it, unlikely the dealer put new ones in unless they were shot/dead.

If you are interested, like I said before, TAKE the dealer up on a water test

If you had replied about an error or working message when posting earlier, when I asked about the multiple topics, rather then repeating the questions in a new forum, then again not responding to questions about multiple posts, you might have gotten different replies, sooner.

The forum does software updating/maintenance on Sundays, may have had an impact and caused your 'working' delays. Thank you for your continued patience w/ the forum's software.

BTW: GA answered your 3rd question already:
Merc does offer saltwater versions with some hardware and paint meant to last longer in salt. A Fishmaster is a Fishmaster. It's all about taking care with proper maintenance and cleaning.

thebrain

Banned
.how many batterys doe's this model normalley have?

this is not the desired hull for me I would prefer a center console type. but I am concidering it.

I also think a fishmaster w/out trolling rod holders built into the stern is a joke.kindof a deal breaker, I do like the option of a convertible top.

GA_Boater

?1.doe's thisFishmaster model have a engine hour counter? Maybe yes, maybe no. Some motor have gauge packages with and some without.

?2.the storeage inbetween seats is that for ski's? They have to be awfully short skis or rods. It's only about 1' X 2' X about 8-10" deep.

?3.was this model not designed as offshore saltwater ? curious becauce of the saltwater engine also it was purchased new in St. aug, FL and obverviously used in the Atlantic Ocean. No such thing. Don't forget 50 miles out on Lake Superior is offshore too.

?4.how many batterys doe's this model have? Don't see a trolling motor, so probably 1

as far as duplicate posts after I click summit all I see is a small message that says working. Let it work a little while, if it isn't finished in a minute, refresh the page and it will be there.

Thanks TB

xxxx