It begins

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
okay so I got the dash populated, steering and controls mounted etc. badges done up.

hayko1971

There were 4 holes in my transom skin that were from a previous transom pad under the motor. I have decided to not put one back on and drill extra holes through my new transom so I had to come up with a way to close up the holes.
I drove the mandrels out of some large flange rivets and cut them down, leaving I tiny bit of the tube and used jb weld marine to glue the holes shut. Then filled the center tube with more jb weld. I left a bit on the rivet head so it would set into the epoxy.

hayko1971

I'll touch up the paint on the transom when I button it all up.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That should keep the wet out and once painted blend right into the background.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Okay now I know what holes you are talking about. Thats a good idea, I will probably copy you on that one.

hayko1971

okay, so I just reinstalled my splashwell. A word of caution, on a SS 160, install the splashwell before installing any side panels, I had to undo my work on one side in order to get the splashwell fit under the gunwales. Anyways, that task is done. Once the splashwell was riveted up, the drain tubes sat a little higher than the well, water would gather and sit there. I have quick clamps that are reversible so I used one as a jack to raise the well floor to even with the bottom of the drain tubes and screwed the 3 million screws around he perimeter underneath.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
man that looks clean. I was thinking today about the 3 million screws used to hold that sucker in. And im thinking I am almost glad I wont be putting that many more holes in the wood by not putting it back in. If i do put it in or shorten it up, I might skip every 4 to 5 screw holes and try thegood ole 5200 inbetween.

Get some fish blood in there already geez.........

Tnstratofam

Commander
Splashwell looks good. I remember wondering why there were so many screws tying the splashwell into the transom? Then I remembered I had a good impact drill driver that made quick work of them all.:D

hayko1971

added a wheel jack to my trailer, makes it easier to just roll around instead of lifting the tongue and push/pulling,

hayko1971

Also got my motor mounted! I was sorta dreading this job, but it went very smoothly.
I ran a 5000 lb ratchet strap to a square steel tube that I ran across rafters. Then I roped up the motor and lifted it so it just came off my stand. Jacked up my new wheel jack as high as it would go. Front goes up, back comes down. The admiral eyed me up as I rolled the boat back until it was just touching the motor mount. Then we switched places and she cranked the front of the boat down causing the transom to come right up as I guided the motor into place. Gooped up the holes and bolted it on.

dozerII

Admiral
Great thinking on the motor install. A guy and his Admiral gotta do what they gotta do to get the job done.

Decker83

Commander
That's a great looking wheel jack.. I never have seen one here in Texas.. Would like to have one for mine..
The motor looks sweet hanging off the transom..
Big :thumb: on getting the Admiral to help.. I had to :whip: on mine to tell me if the trailer lights were working..:jaw::pound:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That 16'r is gonna fly with that big V4 90 on it. :joyous:

hayko1971

Well, she ain't quite done yet, but the motor is on, hooked up runs great in my driveway and the seats are in... I think I'm gonna go fishing tomorrow... Weather permitting.

Tnstratofam

Commander
By the way I really like those seats. Are those seat covers or did they come like that?

hayko1971

thanks! They're seat covers, the admiral swapped out the black cinch cord with orange para cord to match the rest of the boat.