It begins

Furrylittleotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm seeing acetone and a scrubpad strip instantly.
Could also place electric heater under boat when it's upside down, or bring it by my place. 75f today and 350 days sunshine a year.
Neil

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
I never had much lick with the flour, just straight stripper. For the yellow stuff left over i put a little safe strip on a very fine ScotchBrite pad and give it a scrub and it comes right off.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey there ya go, some bare naked tin in the turtle position all ready for what you have in mind. :heh:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
wow, its looking great! Almost looking polished already. that should shine up nice!

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
fimished putting my trailer back together after I painted it. I may have to spring for a new ball coupler!

I'm thinking baby moon hub caps...

dozerII

Admiral
Trailer looks real good hayko, a trip to Princess Auto for a pair of there $99. white spoke radial tire combos and couple new bow stop rubbers and your GTG.:D

ronco215

Cadet
I have a perfect 1994 StarCraft Fisherman 190, but the livewell stopped working! Where is the livewell pump located!?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Trying to upload a photo of my boat and it keeps giving me an error box!
The pix is probably too large, reduce it, start a topic about your boat and/or live well pumps and post the pix in the Post your Starcraft Pix topic

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That looks like a horrible memory from over 2 months ago for me. Was 80 here earlier this week but cooled off to more normal temps now. In April I don't even like seeing that nasty stuff in a pic! I enjoy season changes but not from winter to spring and back to winter. It's time for warm days and boating!

Decker83

Commander
Looks like you got a little over spray with that coat..:eek:
I'm like watermann, it was over 80 here today.. Burned the back of my neck.. Made me a real red neck..:D
Hope all the stuff goes away quickly..

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Looks like you can easily wet sand that coat out and put a top coat of clear on now... :thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
I hear ya hayko, I had to go up to Saskatoon yesterday, it rained and freezing rain all the way just 30 miles south of Toon town then it started snowing, In the one hour it took me to get in and out of the city it dumped 2 inchs of the wet stuff, sure glad I didn't have to stick around, and high tailed it back home.

hayko1971

It's still snowing, I woke up this am to a broken branch from an old pine that the heavy wet snow had snapped off. We got about 8" of really heavy wet slush so far.

hayko1971

I camouflaged the bottom of my boat, if a fish looks up maybe it'll think it's the rippling surface of the water...

hayko1971

i sanded and wiped clean the tin interior pieces, I got some zinc chromate primer for the bare aluminum spots. Can I spray regular primer over the existing paint and zinc chromate? or do I need etching primer over old paint or over the zinc chromate?