Dart Windshield Needed

baustin123

Recruit
Hello everyone! I recently bought a '64 Starcraft Dart off of my neighbor. She is an absolute beauty but needs a little TLC. I am trying to keep her as original as possible, but there are somethings that I need to replace and one of those items is the windshield. Does anyone know of a place I can purchase a windshield for a '64 Dart?

Also, anyone have any brochures out there for the Dart?

Thanks so much,
Brooke

jbcurt00

Staff member
Do you have the windshield frame?

Probably going to have to make a windshield for it

baustin123

Recruit
Unfortunately there is no frame. From what I understand the windshield was cracked by a tree falling on it and there is nothing left.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Craigslist
ebay
driving around looking for derelict boats w/ good windshields that you think 'might' fit

Where are ya? might find something at one of these places:
Salvage yards

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to the iboats forum baustin!

Unfortunately as you know there isn't anyone out there making re-pop windshields for these old Starcraft boats so it's left up to us guys who love them. Without a template the job becomes nearly impossible to recreate the original.

Post up a pic or 2 of your Dart when you get the chance.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Never give up hope, baustin - The 1964 brochure. https://www.flickr.com/photos/starcraftbrochures/3879217131/in/album-72157622086413069/lightbox/ Not the best of pics, but you may want to check some other years in our brochure section. http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owne.../s/starcraft-boats/358596-starcraft-brochures

For a windshield go get a bank loan and check with these guys for a complete windshield with frame, twin-flap gasket and mounting hardware. http://retroboats.ca/boat_windshields.html

Or check around on Craig's List and you might find a newer version. I found a glass walk-thru that fits great for 40 bucks.

Welcome to TinLand.

jbcurt00

Staff member
If you decide you want to try and make your own windshield, we can provide links to DIY frames too ;)

But windshields weren't made by the boat manufacturer usually, and many makers used the same style and size as you'll need. So start digging thru CL and anywhere you can to find 1, it might be made to fit, like GA said

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sure:
A new windshield for an old boat... Page: 1 - iboats Boating ...

Replacing windshield on 1964 Starcraft Jet Star Page: 1
Making a boat windshield - Glen-L Marine

Windshield Rebuild - Tutorial View

I don't have my bookmarks on the computer at work, but I think I have another (don't know if it includes doing the frame) that I'll post later.

Lets get a good look at this Dart shall we:
16619628906_d7d486cb00_o.jpg

16438252127_787e41159d_o.jpg

16025651953_98d5eac158_o.jpg

Nice looking boat.

Any chance you'll keep the pale mint color? It can look GREAT on a newly rehab'd vintage boat:
022_zps95155ad5.jpg

From Leisure's rehab

It looks like yours might be light blue instead of green, but I like that color on vintage boats too...

Last edited:

baustin123

Recruit
Thanks for the links!

I am absolutely going to keep the pale mint color. I've worked pretty hard to shine, scrub, and clean her up so the color is starting to look really good.

All in all the Darts in great condition. The engine runs great! I just needed to rebuild the front bench and reupholster it.