77' 16ft Starcraftt ss

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Got the gasket in today. Also now have snapped bolt heads. Not good. Takin a break....

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sounds like fun with a tap is in your future. That's a good reason for anti seize right there. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Decker83

Commander
Sounds like ole "murphy" will not leave you alone.. Hope all goes well taking them out.. I feel your pain..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh boy those not so easy outs are a royal pain but not half as much as drilling out SS bolts.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Broke easy out in a bolt now. Not much gonna happen in this thread fro a while. Droppin at the mechanic next weekend for a no rush see what ya can do kinda thing.

In the meantime ill butter the wife up and look for a weekend job for a new motor. Throw in quitting smoking and i might have a chance!

Pusher

Lieutenant
Don't know if it'll help but I broke off a tap in a hole once. It was pretty much flush with the hole so no chance of gripping t with pliers. My much-handier buddy used a punch and backed it out by slowly and lightly walking around the shaft with the punch.

Good luck!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Don't know if it'll help but I broke off a tap in a hole once. It was pretty much flush with the hole so no chance of gripping t with pliers. My much-handier buddy used a punch and backed it out by slowly and lightly walking around the shaft with the punch.

Good luck!

Might be worth a shot. Might go look nook now and see what chance i have. I bough two easy outs and can see how much is left. Its not a lot. Didnt think of tryin to back it out.

Decker83

Commander
Hope they don't charge too much @ the shop.. I gave up smoking 15 years ago.. At the prices they charge now, it wouldn't take to long to pay for a new motor..:D

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Havnt dropped it off yet but got back on chantix to quit smoking to help new motor funds. Quit twice on it before. Once for 9 months and once for several weeks. This time has to stick😥 motor might not be soon but its enough to make me stop smoking again! Thats a carton a week. 200 a month. Gotta make this work!

Tnstratofam

Commander
Good luck! One of the harder things I've seen people struggle with. I've been smoke free for 9 years now. I tried off and on for years to quit. I started when I was 18 and finnally got sick of it when I was 36. Quit cold turkey becauae I was tired of letting ciggs dictate my budget and health. Pretty lucky as I quit in April of 08 and met the Admiral in July of 08.

She didn't know I had ever smoked until she saw some old pictures of me from Desert Storm. Just about everybody I deployed with picked up the habit while we were over there. She has never smoked a day in her life. She served in Desert Storm too and said that wasn't a good enough reason to have started. I had to break it to her that I already smoked when I went over, and that most of the people around me started because I smoked.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Good luck! One of the harder things I've seen people struggle with. I've been smoke free for 9 years now. I tried off and on for years to quit. I started when I was 18 and finnally got sick of it when I was 36. Quit cold turkey becauae I was tired of letting ciggs dictate my budget and health. Pretty lucky as I quit in April of 08 and met the Admiral in July of 08.

She didn't know I had ever smoked until she saw some old pictures of me from Desert Storm. Just about everybody I deployed with picked up the habit while we were over there. She has never smoked a day in her life. She served in Desert Storm too and said that wasn't a good enough reason to have started. I had to break it to her that I already smoked when I went over, and that most of the people around me started because I smoked.

met my admiral in college between Marines and the army. Break in service, one semester we would be out smoking together, then she stopped showing up. Thats before we dated! Here we are almost 8? yrs married and she is over 10 yrs non smoking...... I know it can be done T and thanks for your service!

Tnstratofam

Commander
met my admiral in college between Marines and the army. Break in service, one semester we would be out smoking together, then she stopped showing up. Thats before we dated! Here we are almost 8? yrs married and she is over 10 yrs non smoking...... I know it can be done T and thanks for your service!

Thanks for yours as well.

One day at a time for me like most old habits. Having the Admiral's support goes a long way.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I was raised with both parents and grandparents that smoked but I've never smoked one cigarette in my life. I do however puff stogies, it's a relatively new thing though and only premium hand rolled sticks not quick e mart blunts. I don't inhale them into my lungs but don't imagine they're all that good for me or my budget. The thing about fine cigars is I don't need them, no addiction issue. Most people I see that have health problems due to smoking are people that do nothing other than sitting on their butt while smoking all day every day for decades.

I wish you luck with quitting the cigarette smoking.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
As a smoker and a twice reformed smoker I can tell you that it is mostly habit. I have quit twice for long periods of time and can tell you the first week is the worst. Get by the first week and you are relatively home free if you can keep your mind set. I always recommend that someone who wants to quit smoking do so while on vacation. Your routine is changed then and it makes it easier to quit. If you smoke you can relate to this. Some vacations you might not smoke half as much and some times you smoke twice as much. Your body is used to your routine. Go away for a weekend and get a two or three day head start on the first dreaded week. Good luck. The amount of money you have in your pocket as a non smoker is amazing. A 20 can last a few days while not smoking. While smoking, at least in NY. that twenty is half gone on cigs everyday. I know as a twice quitter I may not be the best person to take advice from but I can tell you that even ten years after quitting, one cig can bring you back, so be careful. Learn from my mistakes.

Pusher

Lieutenant
Might try smoking a pipe and wean yourself off. I have zero experience but they seem to be much healthier and less addicting. Of course, that requires you not inhale sooo... Scratch that ;-)

My aunt tried smoking once and my grandpa made her smoke the other 19 cigarettes all at once till she was green. Funny how grandpas act differently around their grandkids :-D

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
still goin at it. Ive made it a few days with out smoking and few with a pack or less. Big difference from 3 pks a day. priced a merc 60hp tiller last week. Im gonna have to be a few months in of zero smoking before I make that commitment. Going to price other makers too and weigh in warranty reviews. I have time to research I guess...

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Every little bit helps. 3 packs to zero is a pretty mighty hill to climb. Fingers crossed that you get there soon. State of mind bud. Think of yourself as a non smoker and keep on plugging away.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Keep it up brother! Kicking the smoking habit is hard but worth it big time in the end. Proud of ya for cutting back as much as you have. :encouragement:

dozerII

Admiral
You can do it, I was a 21/2 pack a day smoker back in 1985 and quit, never had a smoke since.

Decker83

Commander
Looks like you have a lot of gents pulling for you here.. Once you make your mind up to quit you will... Just keep thinking about that new tiller..:thumb: