77' 16ft Starcraftt ss

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Bummer on the Islander, so how does it feel to have all that MBS pumping through your veins now? There's only one cure for it too. More old tin!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Not giving up on it yet. Just goin to be a while before i have time to get over to the boat with a battery and fuel. I forgot to think about it being from pa. Dont they have to winterize these up there? Ill research more on the i/o and if i can get it running fairly easy, i may negotiate some more. Wont be soon though. One thing i know i want though is another tin with a cuddy! Preferably an outboard model.

Watermann

Islander OBs are rare as hens teeth from what I've seen. You need to find one in a V5 model if you want super rare! 78 - 79 V5 OB Islander.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Yesterday was a good day. We closed and sold our house, then walked to another room and closed and bought our new "to us" house. 24 hrs of work today, sleep tomorrow, and moving in on saturday! The to do list is huge! But i can now keep the boat where i ever i want. No more HOA!

Watermann

Congrats on the new digs, and it's boat friendly!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
No HOA! :thumb:

The work begins after the move in. But not boat work. :blue. Gotta keep the Admiral happy to snag a bigger boat! LOL

MNhunter1

Ensign
No HOA! :thumb:

The work begins after the move in. But not boat work. :blue. Gotta keep the Admiral happy to snag a bigger boat! LOL
Tell me about it..closed on our new place in December, between finishing off the hanger, err garage, building the deck, etc...I still have yet to pull my boats out of storage. Plan is to get the Nova in before winter and finish her off before the snow melts :thumb:

Congrats on the new place g0nef1sshn!​

Decker83

Commander
Congrats on the selling and buying the homes.. Now the real fun begins..:D

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Yesterday was a good day. We closed and sold our house, then walked to another room and closed and bought our new "to us" house. 24 hrs of work today, sleep tomorrow, and moving in on saturday! The to do list is huge! But i can now keep the boat where i ever i want. No more HOA!

Congratulations gone!!! As someone who is still picking up the pieces of a simultaneous buy/sell/relocate, I can empathize with the huge hurdle that you're clearing! The next set of hurdles is the fresh Honey-do list (Admiral & self-imposed!) that comes with a new home/property. I'm "1/2 a deck" away from being able to resume my boat project. :D

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Thanks guys! Gets even better. Neighbor across the street has a 63 jupiter his grandpa bought new, then his dad had it, now he does! Pretty awesome. He probably thought I was a lil off when i asked him what kind of boat he had and he said 16 ft Starcraft and my eyes lit up haha. Met another neighbor and few walkers around the block, all real nice friendly people. Thats always a good thing where you move/bought into. Reallly likin the new hood! The unpacking is not that fun though.

jbcurt00

Staff member
So, whens he joining the Starmada?

And has he already caught MBS? Or do you need to seed his driveway?

Congrats on the move and getting to know the new neighborhood. I am available for excess cookie, brownie or pie disposal if the welcome wagon arrives overflowing.....

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
So, whens he joining the Starmada?

And has he already caught MBS? Or do you need to seed his driveway?

Congrats on the move and getting to know the new neighborhood. I am available for excess cookie, brownie or pie disposal if the welcome wagon arrives overflowing.....

I'll get him here, sounds likes he needs to redo the transom. No sweets coming in as listed above, but I did have to borrow some stuff to top some burgers tonight. Have to restock the supplies still. I grilled burgers tonight on the nice grill left by the previous owner with the tank left full of propane, can't complain!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Burgers, yum. On someone elses grill and propane, bonus.....

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
messing with phone. Hasn't been right since the update. If this pic loads its the morning we left Alabama to head back home after Mathew

I think its gonna work20161010_065540_resized_1.jpg

Watermann

Yeap it worked, but all I can see is a 4 door Ford truck sitting there :lol:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Thanks guys. I was actually thinking the same thing when trying to post. Cant wait to see it in action. The admiral has approved a purchase of the correct tiller handle in the near future also!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Won a bid on ebay for another tiller handle. Hoping it the right one. Its the right style and looks like it should work. Guy said it came of his 50hp. Will find out next weekend.