77' 16ft Starcraftt ss

dozerII

Admiral
Congrats on the splash, that was well earned after all the trouble with fuel lines and wiring.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
g0ne - I don't usually give this one out because the outfit can be considered shady - http://www.laniermarine.com/

I have used them and they have piles and piles of dead motors laying around. It's possible they might have the tiller and parts you need for it. They are on the northwest side of Lake Lanier. Face to face is the best way to deal after calling to see if they might have something.

I looked at the online supply and they dont have what I am looking for. I will have to call them and ask a few questions. Thanks for the tip!

Super cool to see the duck master finally on the water cutting a wake! Good job all around :thumb:

Congrats on the splash, that was well earned after all the trouble with fuel lines and wiring.

Thanks guys, it was really rewarding for sure! More good news, on day 90 of our house being listed we got an offer. After some back and forth we are at agreement. If you bought and sold a house before you know it is not in the bag yet, but promising. Might be moving to where I can have the boat in my front yard for as long as I went soon! No HOA and single story hopefully coming soon... Its going to be a different kind of busy work. 6.5 mile move I plan on doing myself.

Last edited:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Garage and attic clutter is now in storage, and there is so much more to go. Closing at the end of the month. Wish I could just pay someone to do all this but that runs $$$$$$$$. This month can't go fast enough!

dozerII

Admiral
Garage and attic clutter is now in storage, and there is so much more to go. Closing at the end of the month. Wish I could just pay someone to do all this but that runs $$$$$$$$. This month can't go fast enough!

I feel for you, moving sucks, the only move I have left is the one to the old folks home/or pine box.;)

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
I have passed this boat several times on a way to a friends house. Its in a self storage yard with a for sale sign on the fence right behind. I finally stopped to get a closer look and got the owners contact info. From the looks of it, this has sat uncovered for years and will need 4 new tires at the minimum to move it. I left a voicemail to get a feel for what they are asking for it. From the looks of it, it will need a head to toe gut and restore. Im thinking its a 21fter. Can anyone offer up any more info on what im looking at here?

20160815_134854_resized.jpg 20160815_134912_resized.jpg 20160815_134923_resized.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Old style 21' Islander with a MC drivetrain. Not worth much in it's current state, 5 or 6 bills would be a good deal.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Old style 21' Islander with a MC drivetrain. Not worth much in it's current state, 5 or 6 bills would be a good deal.

I was thinking I would only offer no higher than 400$. I wonder what they pay a month to store and never even use it? And thats after our move is complete. Then add the 600+ diamond ring or wedding band upgrade (probably adding over 1k$ for this option) for the admiral so she reconsiders not divorcing me for bringing home a boat with out her knowledge or consent lol. She would never approve so I would be going the: "better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission route". And spend a week or two on the couch with dogs. This is mostly in the wishful thinking stage, with a tad bit of I will/am going do it if the price is right.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Go get it, g0ne. The dogs will be nice and warm on cold winter nights. :eek:

Seeing the care the Islander has been lavished with, 400 bucks is about the top of the range. As you said, he'll save monthly storage fees.

Any idea how long she's been in one place? It looks like the doghouse isn't covering the motor much at all.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Go get it, g0ne. The dogs will be nice and warm on cold winter nights. :eek:

Seeing the care the Islander has been lavished with, 400 bucks is about the top of the range. As you said, he'll save monthly storage fees.

Any idea how long she's been in one place? It looks like the doghouse isn't covering the motor much at all.

Called them back, waiting for the husband to call back for more info now. I will try and go get a better walk through tomorrow. I dont want the trailer (or want to restore it plus will need an aluminum one, so Ill write that off and get a better idea of the interior rot condition/wiring/and motor status. My wife is gonna leave me. probably get the duck boat, kids, house and everything in it. But I might have a boat to sleep in :sleeping:

The motor is uncovered a bit, about half the top is gone. Not sure for how long though. Im goin to guess the motor is shot though.

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
Being a 21ft the 120 would be a little under powered,I'm thinking a 4.3 transplant would be a good fit.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Just talked to the guy, seems like a nice gent. But he is asking 1200 and says he believes its a 22 fter. I think he works/runs the yard, so I doubt hes payin to store it. Im going back tomorrow with permission to crawl around it and take a closer look. He said he tried starting it alittle while back and it turned over but didnt fire up. I am doubting this due to the lower unit being sunk into the dirt. Also said its been there less than a year. Ill see how deep the leaves are piled up and go from there. more pics tomorrow.

I asked about pt wood but he wasnt really sure on how to answer or didnt know. I am guessing he had no clue. more to follow......

edit: Told admiral about prospecting, she was furious to say the least. Like I said, forgiveness is the key! and the right price of course.

Last edited:

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
Yep, you officially have the addiction! Good luck with the admiral. I'm guessing that if it is a storage yard and he owns the yard the boat probably belonged to someone else that just abandoned it after they sidnt want to pay anymore. I would ask about papers for that thing before you make any kind of offer.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Yep, you officially have the addiction! Good luck with the admiral. I'm guessing that if it is a storage yard and he owns the yard the boat probably belonged to someone else that just abandoned it after they sidnt want to pay anymore. I would ask about papers for that thing before you make any kind of offer.

Clear title is a must or a highly lowered price is in order. Like i said, admiral isnt with me at all on this one.

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
You only have a finite number of these things you can do successfully to make your life happy and not a trial. Choose wisely.

Ron

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
You only have a finite number of these things you can do successfully to make your life happy and not a trial. Choose wisely.

Ron

Ron, your choice of advice words are 2 fold. She is heated on my idea. But forgivness is the key. Not to mention its been there for months. Close to a year. So maybe he will let it go easy. We will see.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Back at the islander this morning. Its an absolute complete gut job on this one. Trailer isnt worth the work either, being that it will be used in salt water.

dozerII

Admiral
Back at the islander this morning. Its an absolute complete gut job on this one. Trailer isnt worth the work either, being that it will be used in salt water.

Hopefully the owner doesn't throw the " it's worth more than that for scrap" line at ya.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hopefully the owner doesn't throw the " it's worth more than that for scrap" line at ya.

That's saved for serious dickerin' along with the trailer alone is worth the price. :facepalm:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant

He actually did mention that in our phone conversation. But he knew scrap prices are down and seemed like he had a feeling there wasnt much value there. I took some photo's of the motor. After carefully stepping inside so the fender didnt break off and I would fall through the floor. I first stepped on a piece of ply wood on the deck (wonder why thats there?). Then stepped closer to the motor and sure enough, the deck wont even be good enough for a template at the stern end. The last registration sticker was from 2010 in PA. There is an old temp tag on the trailer from PA also. I didnt see a HIN plate on the transom either. What year did they start that?

Here are a few pics of the motor. This is an area I have Zero knowledge on....

20160817_094424_resized.jpg 20160817_094459_resized.jpg 20160817_094508_resized.jpg 20160817_094436_resized.jpg 20160817_094440_resized.jpg 20160817_094427_resized.jpg 20160817_094447_resized.jpg