77' 16ft Starcraftt ss

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Roll the dice, as of now its NYC, Clev OH, or Baltimore in that order. And still not a 100% thing.

And im'a Floridian. Heres to driving in snow, advanced warning.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hey, it could be worse. I had a buddy from Louisville, KY, that had 3 other AF weatherman school grads that got posted to Ft Knox, who didnt want to go there. Gary drew Shemya, AK...... way, way, WAY down the Aluetians.......

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Roll the dice, as of now its NYC, Clev OH, or Baltimore in that order. And still not a 100% thing.

And im'a Floridian. Heres to driving in snow, advanced warning.
None of those are great. But they all beat South Korea! :eek:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Let's analyze a little, g0ne.

Baltimore - Close to Annapolis, home of the Naval Academy. Lots and lots of sailors and boats. Ducks in Chesapeake Bay, too
Cleveland - On the shores of Lake Erie. Lots of boats and ducks.
NYC - Staten Island Ferry and NO duck hunting allowed in Central Park.

I think I see where you're going. :facepalm:

You're in the Army - Wait a day and they will change everything. LOL

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Let's analyze a little, g0ne.

Baltimore - Close to Annapolis, home of the Naval Academy. Lots and lots of sailors and boats. Ducks in Chesapeake Bay, too
Cleveland - On the shores of Lake Erie. Lots of boats and ducks.
NYC - Staten Island Ferry and NO duck hunting allowed in Central Park.

I think I see where you're going. :facepalm:

You're in the Army - Wait a day and they will change everything. LOL

I relooked and im now locked in for somewhere in wisconsin! Hunting and fishing here i come!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I relooked and im now locked in for somewhere in wisconsin! Hunting and fishing here i come!

See - Just wait a day! Everything changes. :D

Still colder than Florida. :eek:

You're gonna be chasing those muskellunge that WIMUSKY goes after,

dozerII

Admiral
Glad to hear your going to be getting a handle on where they are sending you, that's gotta be real tough.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Its tough as heck, not so much for me but the family aspect. I ready to go where ever when ever. Im used to never knowing anything until last minute. Lets put it this way. A few hours after wisconsin was locked everything is back up in the air. As life goes here. Im not gonna post anything about it again until the plane has landed and a house is unpacked...... and the ugly duckling deep V is in a new non HOA garage/yard/where ever i want it!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Latest and greatest, recruiting is off for a atleast a year. So now its between moving from stewart to hunter army air field in savannah (which is where i live anyway) and slim chance of moving to a unit deploying in the near future. Im trying for the deploying unit, but its up to people with more rank than me to make the final choice. And for now the last word was going to hunter.

I still check in often to all the builds and my motor search is on hold because me and the admiral still plan on selling our house regardless of where we end up and those funds are more needed than the motor at the moment. But i did just send her a pic of a 88 rude 60hp for 1200 hahaha. Keep up the good builds guys!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Good luck to ya, hope all goes well! We'll still be here when you get all settled.

Decker83

Commander
Just caught up on your thread.. Wow! that's a lot of back and forth..
Hope you land where you want..:D

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Made a tarp support for storing outside. thats about all ive got done lately. not much of an update. I was looking at videos of larger tillers this morning. Id really like to put a 60hp tiller or larger on this thing. time will tell.
20160416_133047_resized.jpg
20160416_133056_resized.jpg

Watermann

Hey I'm rooting for yah to get some power on that DuckCraft.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
So looks like Ill be in Ga another 3 years. Maybe. Have our house on the market already and also have an accepted offer on another house. Cant move until ours is sold though, and someone else can still buy the other until then. My two conditions for a new house 1) NO HOA and 2) NO STAIRS! lol lessons learned. Builds are looking great and mine is under a tarp somewhere at the moment so the garage looks bigger. Keep at it guys. Too much going on here to keep at my project. Feel like you all up north having to take a break in the winter time.

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
Glad you at least know where you will be the next three years Gone. Then with the military who knows, hurry up and wait. Hope all works out with the house sale and see you back at the ss soon.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
...... going to have to start a thread on rebuilding/troubleshooting a 25 HP tiller Johnson from 1983.....:facepalm:

Watermann

Good Luck! Hey my 77 Johnny is a snap to work on and parts are super cheap compared to the newer motors.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Im gonna give it a shot Wmann. Here is what I am working with. Its a short shaft (need long). Starter is missing, pull rope missing, shift linkage access cover missing and link not connected, who knows what else. It doesnt appear to have been used in salt water. There really isnt any salt type corrosion that I can tell anyway.

Plan is to give it a good scrubbing and do a lot of reading. I see the secret file in the johnson outboard section and that will be very usefull. I wont be mad if it turns out to be a bust. A guy posted on CL that he needed merc throttle cables and I happened to have a set that came with this boat. His add said runs great, but I dont think he ever had it running. Either way, I didnt plan on using those cables anyway so the way I see it is I have a free motor to tinker with now.

20160602_203728_resized.jpg 20160602_194913_resized.jpg