Best hand Rivet tool

kaelc

Cadet
We are looking for a new hand rivet tool and wonder what other guys have been using? Thanks for any suggestions.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I have the same pneumatic riveter as Dozer except in the 1/4" version. I do have a hand riveter that I have to use in tight spots and got it at ACE hardware, it has the rotating head which comes in handy in those tough to reach spots you can't drag the bulky air riveter into.

pACE3-992373dt.jpg

bridgeman213

Cadet
Got a harbor frieght nearby?? They have one for 20.00 that I cant wear out, not too good for tight spots but it'll set a rivet in 2 pulls or less even the stainless

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I would think it depends on what you are riveting, where and even how many rivets you will be using. If only a rivet every now and then, I'd go for a single hand-held versions some showed above. But if you are riveting a total boat back together, then maybe a pneumatic versions is the better choice. So you have to make that decision up... I personally use a hand held Craftsman what will do 1/8" and 3/16" diameter rivets. It's never left me down. But I usually do a few here and there over the years so no need for me to buy a pneumatic gun..

bilge rat jim

Petty Officer 1st Class
I use a Stanley for pop rivets. Much more comfortable for those with smaller hands.

64osby

Admiral
I had a project many years back where we put 50,000 rivets in with 2 pneumatic guns in 5 days. Number tags in an outdoor stadium.

Very glad we didn't have to do it by hand

CraigBarnard

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

I find these pretty good.

Attachments

• photo215855.jpg
    photo215855.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

kaelc

Cadet
Thanks Craig, what brand/model do you like? I don't have a compressor so pneumatic is out.