I guess I have a new project............

home-boy

Banned
Long drive but I think it was worth it.

21' Chieftain that has been scalped. It has recently been totally gutted with sealed with gluvit and new marine plywood floor and transom added. I plan to rebuild it into an oversized Holiday style open top. I will have 13' from the new dash I will install to the splashwell. That should give me enough room.

Cox roller trailer with some rust but not too bad. I had to ducttape new taillights to the back for safety to get her home. The old lights were so corroded that bulbs would not contact and the bolts were so rusted they would not come out. Otherwise it seems to be a good trailer. I pulled her 700 miles at 70 today.

I also snagged an aluminum belly tank and another Force 125 for $200 on the way home.

photobucket-58664-1423031911245_zpsd28d85cb.jpg

The smurf blue Holiday must go to make room for "The Office"

64osby

Admiral
Looks like a mid 70's hull. Can't wait to see what the interior looks like.

Good luck selling the smurf.

dozerII

Admiral
That's an epic road trip, sounds like something I would do lol, more pictures later today??

Tnstratofam

Commander
That's thinking outside the box. Should be a good platform for what your planning. Nice score.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Worthwhile road trip! I would fill that gas tank right now before the prices skyrocket again :lol:

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Nice platform to work with. Now me, I think I would try to fashion into something similar to a Hewescraft Ocean Pro.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Homie I'm not so sure about being happy they put the deck in for me, what's under it for flotation? Are there any rib end cracks that need repaired? NO hull stiffeners either. Fuel tank under there? Wiring or plumbing? Just sayin, ya know how people are.

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Very nice save Home-boy! I'm with waterman about pulling up that ply for a close inspection.

13' of deck length? Sweet!!!

MNhunter1

Ensign
Homie I'm not so sure about being happy they put the deck in for me, what's under it for flotation? Are there any rib end cracks that need repaired? NO hull stiffeners either. Fuel tank under there? Wiring or plumbing? Just sayin, ya know how people are.

Yeah, for peace of mind, I'd pull up the floor and start from a bare hull. You're pretty much already there anyhow. Inspect the hull and what's below deck, lay down some Gluvit, insure adequate floatation, and take a good look at that deck to ensure the correct material that has been adequately protected/sealed.

Looking forward to see the end result of this one...reminds me of that Islander a while back that was opened up into a side console. Gotta love a huge open floor plan on a big water hull.

home-boy

Banned
I know there is no flotation and I'm glad the floor is just screwed down. He was turning it into a center console crabbing boat.

He cleaned up everything pretty well bought real marine plywood so I'm happy. Everything else I see has bad rot or sprayed in foam that needs to come out. The way I see it he gave me a head start.

$650 for boat and trailer seems like a fair price :rockon:

home-boy

Banned
3/4" plywood. Top coating did not hold up but wood is solid.

photobucket-99484-1423090008312_zps7b5effb3.jpg

I saved that curved windshield off the old Holiday flat bottom. That will look cool up there

photobucket-65664-1423089984328_zpsebacfd4c.jpg

I need a 6' ladder to clime in

photobucket-46229-1423089997899_zps8064a157.jpg

64osby

Admiral
Awesome deal!

You mentioned doing it as a Holiday. Why, it would seem to be a perfect setup for making some bow seats more like an SS or something like some of the Mariners.

IMG_20130613_205427.jpg

When my kids were smaller 5 or 6 would fit up front, (also using the seat on the front of the console) Now as teens 4 are comfortable.

If doing side consoles just extend the seat to the front of the console.

home-boy

Banned
The bow isn't open and I don't think cutting and forming metal is in my skillset. It has a hatch and I already have that old school curved windshield that appears to fit. I can build a nice dash like this fairly easily. I saved that dash tray out of the junk boat too. Something told me I'd be using them.
IMG_0019.jpg

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander
I think you got a great deal on her. I like the idea of reusing the parts from the holiday. Nice job of recycling the old parts.:encouragement:

home-boy

Banned
I think you got a great deal on her. I like the idea of reusing the parts from the holiday. Nice job of recycling the old parts.:encouragement:

I also have that monstrosity of a bow light. I think I will use it too.

That enormous rail may have to go though, looks like a widow's walk out front

64osby

Admiral
With smaller kids I would keep the rail. When anchored they could hang out on the bow doing there best imitation of

titanic-im-king-of-the-world.jpg

"I'm King of the world"

home-boy

Banned
Had a great sunny day today so we played with lawnchairs. We can fit 4 rows easily. Or, I can fit 28 linear feet of benches around the perimeter and still have room for a captain's chair :rockon: