Did they make a 21'+ OB Holiday style boat?

home-boy

Banned
I still have concerns regarding fitting the entire family + friends into the 18' Holiday. Before I sink a bundle into fancy wood and new seats etc I am wondering if they bake a longer outboard boat. The 21' inboard really doesn't give me much additional room.

I also hate the cavernous splashwell on the '67. I have a lot of wasted space there. The newer boats have a smaller area for the engine and more room under the splashwell.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
they make a super wide and super deep 22 ft V5 Holiday . I have one. the beam is 8 ft wide and the centerline OAL, is slightly more than 22'

I did exactly what you are doing. I stripped an 18 footer and was ready for paint, when I thought, maybe I should wait for a longer boat. then I found a free 21 ft islander I/O,,,added an outboard bracket, then heard of a 22 ft V5 hull that was stripped...and I snagged that. So now when I put all my reapir money to work it is going into one of the biggest deepest hulls StarCraft made that was set up for an outboard
bob

achris

More fish than mountain goat
You want to sell it?

:peep:

cute-smiley-says-no-emoticon.gif

I hope you're half joking, so I'll ask you to half read rule 8 of the FORUM RULES

Thanks.

iboats mod team...

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Homie stop stirring up Mod trouble or we'll have to send you to the shredded fiberglass room for the night. :lol:

64osby

Admiral
H-B - There is a real easy way to ask those type of questions. Use the PM feature.

Keeps things nice and quite down here in the basement. Also keeps you from getting in hot water.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
does this mean I have to take back all the cool stuff I bought, thinking id be making a killing on my Stracraft here???????????

BOB

home-boy

Banned
I found a couple that are rough and far away but nothing close. They may even be mariners but it is hard to tell since they are gutted. I found a 22' inboard that is also rough but I won't gain any room with it as the engine cover hogs up the extra length

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I found a couple that are rough and far away but nothing close. They may even be mariners but it is hard to tell since they are gutted. I found a 22' inboard that is also rough but I won't gain any room with it as the engine cover hogs up the extra length

Nothing wrong with an I/O engine cover. They make great bait tables, dive gear prep tables, filleting tables and dinner tables....

Chris.......

home-boy

Banned
I already have an 18' with a newly painted hull, good trailer with a cool old Chrysler 125 hanging off the back. I am at the point of spending big money finishing it or to get the longer one. The 22' I/o has the same amount of floorspace as the 18' ob

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
^^^ Yeah if there's an allison V12 in the 22'r :lol:

Not sure what you plan on doing with all that wide open deck your wanting?

64osby

Admiral
Why do you want a closed bow?

If your looking for seating an SS, Offshore or a Mariner with seating up front is the way to go.

Or find an Islander and do a Jas on it. :embarassed:

home-boy

Banned
I would like extra room because we have 4 kids and they they will want to bring a friend. Seating for 8 is a minimum (4-6 are kids).

Wife wants a pontoon but dang.... They are so uncool.

I figured a long boat could just have rows of seats like a school bus.

An open bow would give a couple more seats and I found 2 that are rough about 800 miles away. I hate road trips in between snowstorms.

Last edited:

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
did they make a V5 in SS version??? I have seen holidays , mariners and islanders. all my pictures are of boats with no interiors, either because they were already gone when I got the boat, or mother nature ate the interior!! ha ha. the beam difference is really huge...my 22ft v5 holiday is significantly wider than my 21ft islander!!